• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

606005177_Jackpost08142020.thumb.png.7956fc91ddafac41749a4439e5536377.png

2049628235_DCFanDomeShazamPanel.thumb.png.959757397e5eff96bc74163df8eba82c.png

I have no clue who this Gino Quillamor is or who ordained him as a #1 DC fan.  Never heard of him and gather he has no clue how to do a panel interview since what is up with this measly 10 minute total length Shazam! Panel?

That's all enough time to introduce everyone, thank them for coming and see you all in SHAZAM!! in theatres November 2022, buh-BYE!  WTF?!  :screwy:

1764038992_JackPaintedNails.png.cd8825501d54d1f9ed138e11b4e24775.png

Shazam! star Zackary Levi wants to bring his character's Kingdom Come story to the big screen. Levi will return in the upcoming Shazam! sequel. On Twitter, a fan asked him if he was familiar with DC Comics' Kingdom Come, the Eisner-winning 1996 miniseries by Mark Waid and Alex Ross. It turns out Levi knows the story, is a fan and would like to see it turned into a movie, even if he isn't involved. "I have. And I wholeheartedly agree," Levi replied. "Would love to see that happen, whether I’m involved or not. @thealexrossart and @MarkWaid created something no short of transcendent in that piece. It speaks to so many facets of the human condition, using superhuman characters. Superb."

Kingdom Come is an Elseworlds story, meaning one set on an alternate Earth in the DC Multiverse. In that universe, the classic DC Comics heroes had gotten old and largely retired, replaced by a younger and more violent generation of heroes. Eventually, the old guard is goaded out of retirement when Lex Luthor tries to instigate a cataclysmic war between the superhumans. Ross's artwork brought an operatic tone to the story, which reflected the growing pains of the superhero genre in the 1990s. During that era, more aggressive, edgier newcomers were overshadowing classic do-gooders like Superman and Wonder Woman.