• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

I think a twin bill is a great idea with Black Adam going out first.

Then Cpt. Marvel being 'created' in response.

...I wouldn't sleep on Shazam as being completely overshadowed either.

There is allot of potential with the story there that can cross several age groups.

Wouldn't be a horrible idea to go with an unknown actor.

There's always another star waiting to be discovered.

Shazam Movie Writer Confirmed

9fWKDl1.png

While the film doesn't have an actor cast in the Shazam role just yet, it does now have a writer on board. On Twitter Henry Gayden was asked if he could confirm or deny that he was working on Shazam, and he said: "Confirmed and loving what's to come... :)."

Gayden's previous work includes Earth To Echo, and this will be his first work in the DC Cinematic Universe. The film doesn't yet have a director, but Brad Peyton (San Andreas) is rumored to be on the list of possible choices.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

While the film doesn't have an actor cast in the Shazam role just yet, it does now have a writer on board. On Twitter Henry Gayden was asked if he could confirm or deny that he was working on Shazam, and he said: "Confirmed and loving what's to come... :)."

Gayden's previous work includes Earth To Echo, and this will be his first work in the DC Cinematic Universe. The film doesn't yet have a director, but Brad Peyton (San Andreas) is rumored to be on the list of possible choices.

#karlurbanforshazam :whistle:

LIGHTS OUT Director David F. Sandberg Reportedly In Talks To Helm The SHAZAM Movie

149033.jpg

According to The Wrap, David F. Sandberg is in talks to direct for New Line, though they make no mention of how far discussions have progressed. Sandberg made his feature debut with the creepy horror flick Lights Out last year, and he's also set to direct horror sequel, Annabel 2.

Though we still don't know who will actually portray Shazam, AKA Captain Marvel, Dwayne Jonson will play Black Adam in the film, as well as in a spin-off for the villain which is also in development at New Line.

Shazam: The Rock Gushes Over His Solo Superhero Venture As Black Adam

The People's Champ caught up with MTV on the red carpet at the premiere of his new Fate of the Furious film where he was asked about his upcoming super hero movie debut.

"We've had great discussions with Geoff Johns over at DC," Johnson said. "This is a really fun, cool time for DC right now because they're world-building. We're seeing that with Wonder Woman and Aquaman. We have a few surprises down the line."

"So what we decided to do was to create a scenario where Black Adam has his stand-alone movie, and Captain Marvel, Shazam, has his stand-alone movie," Johnson concluded. "We're building our world that way, and then we can come together at some point."

Of course, Johnson then went on to describe his film the best way he knows how: building the hype! "It's just f---ing awesome," Johnson concluded.

The Rock Revealed Who He Wants To Play Shazam In The DCEU

While speaking with We Got This Covered, Johnson was asked about who he'd like to cast opposite his new character. The actor, who is also serving as a producer on the Black Adam film, actually answered the reporter's question.

While he didn't say the name of his new choice, he did make it very clear who he was referring to.

“Let’s see. But for example, I’m going to throw out a name out there, and I want to see how the fans will react to it,. A guy who I met, I went ‘Wow! That guy is such a cool guy! He is a lot bigger than I thought he would be’ And when I walked away, I remember telling our producer, who I have worked with for a long time, we both looked at each other  and was like ‘Possibly Shazam?!’ and we went ‘Yes!’. I’m not even going to say his name, I’m just going to say Lone Ranger. “

:whatthe:

RUMOR: SHAZAM Starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson To Begin Production February 2018

Screen_Shot_2017-07-17_at_8.45.44_PM.png

It appears that the SHAZAM film is starting to gain some steam with production set to begin sometime in February 2018, reports Heroic Hollywood. This production start date works well for the young hero's first big screen outing, as the film is set to release April 5th, 2019.

According to their sources, rumored director David F. Sandberg (Lights Out, Annabelle: Creation) has now signed on to helm the film, with Henry Gayden (Earth to Echo) writing the -script.

I wonder if that means we will hear an actor announcement from SDCC for Shazam?

Shazam! Movie Won't Feature The Rock's Black Adam

With the rumor of Warner Bros. planning to put the Shazam! movie into production early next year, the source that broke the news states that the character will not be going up against the character’s most iconic villain.

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has been involved with the project almost since its inception, having been given the choice of playing either Captain Marvel AKA Shazam or his archenemy Black Adam. Johnson eventually chose the latter, and word soon spread that Black Adam would get his own feature film.

Now we’re learning that the upcoming Shazam! film will not feature Johnson’s Black Adam in any capacity.

G3kFQLz.jpg

Interesting. I thought the earlier plan was Black Adam first => then Shazam is where they run into each other.

It looks like the rumors were true.

SHAZAM! Confirmed To Shoot In February 2018; Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Will NOT Appear As Black Adam

On the heels of a recent rumor that Warner Bros.' Shazam! movie would begin filming early next year, THR has now confirmed that cameras will indeed roll in January or February of 2018, with a 2019 release date in mind. That will be followed by the Suicide Squad sequel, which is eyeing a mid-2018 shoot.

The trade has also confirmed that "the story about a crippled boy-turned-Earth's mightiest mortal" will be directed by David Sandberg, whose next project is the upcoming horror sequel, Annabelle: Creation.

Shazam! Finds Its Director In David F. Sandberg

shazam-1011202-640x320.jpg

Earlier today reports came out that Shazam! would be the next big DCEU property, and now the film has officially found its director.

That would be David F. Sandberg, who revealed his involvement with the still mysterious film in a comment response. He also revealed it rather nonchalantly to Kevin Smith at a panel at Comic-Con.

When asked if he was working on something he could talk about he said "Shazam." Smith was caught off guard, and quickly asked him how far along he was. "It's coming along pretty well," said Sandberg. "I'm very happy with the -script and how it's all coming along so it's super exciting."

Sandberg had been rumored as a top choice, but never officially confirmed. The director previously worked on films like King Fury and King Fury II: The Movie (currently in production), and this will be his first big tent-pole production.

Shazam Headlines Videos Wallpaper Director David F. Sandberg Talks About SHAZAM! And How Billy Batson "Gets To Become Superman"

SUPERMAN_SHAZAM_FIRST_THUNDER_1.jpg

While Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will no longer be in Shazam!, the focus is still on Billy Batson becoming a superhero, and according to director David F. Sandberg, Billy becomes his own kind of Superman!

Unlike many directors, Sandberg spends his time on Reddit speaking to fans about his upcoming projects and answering questions, which up until now have been about his horror films Lights Out and Annabelle: Creation.

Shortly after it was revealed that he would helm Shazam!, however, Sandberg took to a DCEU Reddit to talk about the film, teasing fans about the upcoming WB project's -script and why he chose to direct a film about a boy who becomes a superhero. "To keep it general and not go into -script details I'd say the core thing that's appealing to me is the wish fulfillment," said Sandberg. "What kid doesn't want to be Superman? This is a kid that basically gets to become Superman."

I actually support this.

Build up to it organically.

Build audience familiarity with Shazam - have them root for him.

Then wow them with Black Adam in the sequel.

aka be like Marvel - don't rush things unnecessarily.