• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

Is Derek Theler Going To Be The New Shazam?

bosslogic-derek-theler-shazam-225151-640

Twitter user ReelFada has assembled a laundry list of social media posts which, taken on their own, may not amount to much but together certainly seem like a mountain of circumstantial evidence that Theler and Sandberg are on the cusp of working together.

Theler has also taken time out to share fan art of himself in the Shazam! costume, saying that the character is a longtime favorite of his, and photos of himself with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, who will play Black Adam in the DC Extended Universe.

In Ninjak vs. the Marvel Universe, Theler plays X-O Manowar, a visigoth warrior who was abducted by aliens and escaped by stealing their most powerful weapon: a suit of armor that possessed a wide variety of powers. Upon returning to Earth, he discovers that hundreds of years have passed and he ends up as a superhero in the present day.

LYmq1bg.png

He will also play Immortal Man, a former member of the Great Lakes Avengers in the comics, on Marvel's upcoming superhero sitcom New Warriors.

SHAZAM Audition Video Suggests That ARROW Actor Parker Young May Be In The Running For The Lead Role

The guys over at Omega Underground have unearthed a video which shows Arrowactor Parker Young auditioning for the title role in the upcoming Shazam movie.

The scene Young is performing would seem to take place just after Billy Batson transforms into his super-powered alter-ego and is getting to grips with his grown-up appearance. This definitely gives us a sense of the more humorous aspects of the -script, and there's also a Batman name-drop in there which confirms a DCEU connection... just in case you were still uncertain.

A recent report suggested that both John Cena and Joshua sasse had emerged as frontrunners for the role, but this vid may suggest that the studio and director David F. Sandberg are still searching for their leading man.

Geoff Johns Appears In Latest 'Shazam!' Update

f4pN9Nu.jpg

Fans keeping up with pre-production on the Shazam! movie (and it’s accompanying wall of empty Coke cans) received a treat from the latest update with an appearance by the president of DC Entertainment.

Geoff Johns made an appearance in David F. Sandberg’s office for the routine progress report, brandishing a sign beckoning the director to get back to work.

While there is no word on how involved Johns will be with the Shazam! movie, seeing him on the periphery this early on could bode well for some DC Comics and movies fans. So far, the one movie in the current release of DCEU films that has Johns’ biggest fingerprints is Wonder Woman.

lol

I was wondering if all that horsing around was going to get him in trouble.

'Shazam' Audition Tape Reveals Potential Billy Batson

7aFlDwW.png

A new audition tape first found by Omega Underground reveals young actor Kobi Furmer auditioning for the role of Billy Batson.

This new video follows previous reports that DC Films was looking to cast Freddy Freeman. The tape ]showed Orphan Black actor Brendan Heard trying out for the role. Freddy Freeman borrows Shazam's power to transform into his sidekick, Shazam Jr.

The villain Black Adam will also appear in the DC Cinematic Universe, played by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, but he will debut in his own movie instead of appearing in the first Shazam film.

Superman Teased For Shazam; Looks To Be Released 2019

superman-shazam-2019-release-date.jpg?it

Director David F. Sandberg confirmed an April 2019 release date while participating in a Reddit Q&A. April 2019. It takes a long time to make vfx heavy movies.

Sandberg also replied that he will be busy with Shazam and won't be doing more horror movies for the moment, but wants to eventually.

"I want to do more horror but right now I'm doing a DC movie. Very few cars/planes in it though."

Filming looks to begin next year and casting announcements should be made soon. David F. Sandberg recently posted an image with Henry Cavill's Superman action figure, which may or may not mean we'll see Superman in Shazam.

k2wp2ZA.jpg

Edited by Bosco685

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

I like it.

He's a good actor, and will bring a wry humor to the role.

And if Hollywood can turn Parks & Rec-era Chris Pratt into an action star, they can certainly bulk Zach Levi up as well.

They can bulk up his suit to make him appear a lot bigger than he is.  He isn't the guy I would have picked for that role.

Zachary Levi Responds To Being Cast As The Mighty SHAZAM!: "I Am Beside Myself With Gratitude"

Zachary_Levi.jpg

In a statement posted on his personal Instagram page, Levi thanked everyone for showing their love and promised that he'll deliver the goods come 2019. He also hints that he'll be hitting the gym hard over the next few months as he prepares for his most physically-demanding role to date.

"Honored and greatly humbled to be a part of the #dcuniverse by bringing the original Captain Marvel to life. I am beside myself with gratitude, not only for this opportunity, but also the incredible outpouring of love and support from so many of you out there in the world. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll be in the gym for the rest of forever. ? (amazingly cool art courtesy of @bosslogic) #Shazam"