• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

Zachary Levi Writes a Touching, Hilarious Note Thanking David Sandberg for Casting Him as Shazam

Shazam! director David F. Sandberg is sharing a touching and hilarious note from Levi driving that gratitude home. In a post on his Instagram account this week, Sandberg shared a handwritten note from Levi thanking him.

As you can see, it's an unconventional note, scrawled on a napkin complete with what appears to be spaghetti leftovers, misspellings ("Mr. Sardbard") and bad grammar, but the heartwarming sentiment shines right through. But before you go thinking that maybe something is wrong here, it's important to point out that this special napkin-gram to Sandberg is a hilarious callback to a real note that Sandberg received from a young cast member. Last month, Sandberg shared a photo of a thank you letter written on graph paper from one of the kids in the production. The kid's name and role were blacked out, by the sentiment was very sweet with the child writing "thank you for picking me for the role of [redacted]. Thanks again."

reiv3igjb0f01.jpg

Sandberg captioned the post "working with kids is nice." As for Levi's special note, Sandberg captioned that with "another aaww."

On 3/10/2018 at 7:11 AM, Bosco685 said:

I guess Craig played Shazam in Legends of the Superheroes specials. I found a podcast about him that offers some insight on those shows.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/comicbookcentral/2015/04/11/episode-72-garrett-craig

Edited by ComicConnoisseur