• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

i was never able to finish reading a Shazam comic , they were just bad IMO, can't imagine the movie being any better.....

I read the 70s books when I was a young-and-naive 9-year-old, so the stories worked for me back then.  I also liked Schaffenberger’s art, which I’d first encountered in Superman Family reprints at the time.   

Edited by Ken Aldred

Interesting that he’s built like a brick outhouse, similar to Ben Affleck’s intimidating appearance as Batman.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I always thought of Captain Marvel/Shazam as an 8 year old in Superman's body, with the wisdom of Solomon.  I guess this fits right in with my take of the character.  But i hate the plastic looking bolt and the hooded cape.  

Was wanting a more classic costume.  

28 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Seems like this is going to be the anti-BvS.

Totally the opposite of the Snyder dark movies.

Will this new strategy work?

hm

In a sense, that was what I was going for in my comparison of Levi with Affleck. 

Brick outhouses: one on the lighter side of super-heroics, the other on the darker side.

Edited by Ken Aldred

10 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Seems like this is going to be the anti-BvS.

Totally the opposite of the Snyder dark movies.

Will this new strategy work?

hm

will be relying on your judgment on said strategy; will be taking a pass on this one.

Zac at the London Film & Comic Con with an enthusiatic and aware Shazam! Movie fan who mimicked Grace Fulton's famous photo.

Can we have a Hawaii 5-O drum solo... Shigadugadugadugadugaduga, "You're not hardcore, unless you live hardcore..."  (thumbsu

5ab642bd821eb_GraceFulton.png.e394b958fd34e4469e70abb67b8d53a5.pngjameskclister97.jpg.ed7f82f0ed44181318fd950a30305fac.jpg

On 7/25/2018 at 6:34 PM, Straw-Man said:

will be relying on your judgment on said strategy; will be taking a pass on this one.

Until I see something more interesting, I doubt I will be seeing it in the theatres. Levi reminds me too much of Rudd as Ant-Man which means bad.

Besides, the only time Shazam/Captain Marvel has been a decent character since the GA was in Kingdom Come.

I think Shazam will be decent. I hope they  dwell on the gods part.

S - wisdom of Solomon

H - strength of Hercules

A - stamina of Atlas (including his invulnerability)

Z - power of Zeus (including his ability to summon thunderbolts)

A - courage of Achilles

M - speed of Mercury (including flight)

I remember catching reruns of  this.

9 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I think Shazam will be decent. ...I remember catching reruns of this.

Filmation's Shazam! was my Saturday Morning Cartoon staple followed by Super Friends and Star Trek: The Animated Series.  Along with The Bugs Bunny Show; Scooby Doo, Where Are You?; Land of the Lost; and the afternoon CBS Children's Film Festival which is why I enjoy and prefer foreign films to this very day.  :smile:

The original Superman Kirk Alyn with Captain Marvel Jackson Bostwick.  Hollywood is so late to the game on this, huge Kudos to Peter Safran's vision we have the Shazam! Movie to finally premiere on theatre screens after 78 years and 8 days waiting since Tom Tyler and Frank Coghlan Jr. starred in the Adventures of Captain Marvel.

1969423127_KirkAlynandJacksonBostwick.thumb.jpg.bee99bfb8fbd30f06500a95ce6932140.jpg

(worship)

Edited by Mr.TawkyTawny

To commemorate Tom Tyler's 115th Birthday last week, here are modern day photos of his Adventures of Captain Marvel Republic Pictures film serial wardrobe.  Good thing social media didn't exist in the 40's or Internet trolls would have had an intracranial aneurysm dumping on this Captain Marvel suit. :eyeroll:

32969125_TomTylerCaptainMarvel.jpg.8f93f2e3630fcb5e9bab8d20d80c9c58.jpg1230767153_TomTylersCaptainMarvelOriginalCostume.jpg.2033c5dd308062f6f5ac6138402aae60.jpg1439372306_TomTylersCaptainMarvelOriginalCostume2.jpg.38a9be572c6a3af12a74f9bec5f252a2.jpg

1443320949_InverlookbackDarlingitdistractsfromthenow..jpg.3f54d0206bddf0b0b633fce27a9f8239.jpg

(thumbsu

On 7/25/2018 at 2:16 PM, RedRaven said:

There was once a golden window of opportunity for Patrick Warburton to play this character. He's a bit old at this point.

Puddy playing Shazam?

”Yeah that’s right.”

This is cool.  Mary Marvel practicing Taekwondo back round house kicks.  For a trained dancer Grace Fulton is quite a showstopper.

I'm hoping in the final Shazam! Movie they don't sex up Mary Marvel into a 40-year-old MILF by replacing Grace with that sack of hot nickels Michelle Borth as earlier rumoured.:boo:

32163719_CaptainMarvel18pn2.jpg.f947ee6d5f5d900f090585dfa9f92a08.jpg429567010_MaryMarvel5.jpg.5506dd4f8341a050326ee2af65db7ee1.jpg