• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Oddball said:

Going to see this in an hour, it BETTER BE GOOD or I’m coming back to this thread like Eastwood riding into a town with vengeance on his mind.

ok that was a bit much but I’ll trash this place like TwoPiece in a Captain Marvel thread. 

ok that was worse. 

Vell ve var vaiting!!!! Hope you enjoyed it :whee: 

One of my personal favorite scenes is the first moment Asher Angel enters from stage left in front of the Pawn Shop, his look reminded me of a young Tommy Rettig with an instant likeability to the character of Billy Batson.  I loved how Billy's first spoken words on screen are "Holy Moley."  :applause:

1397996948_AsherTommyRettig.thumb.png.eb9166a52a03bd2167b7ac4014e3c1be.png1128140884_TomRettig.png.3dee826d25687eaa4a162344cfd8b5ef.png1372264220_TommyandLassie.png.536abffaeebb87f8b7c8ea554ad91fab.png

12 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Vell ve var vaiting!!!! Hope you enjoyed it :whee: 

I did enjoy it. I thought it was much better than Aquaman. However, can’t say I was blown away. And I understand this is the starting point for the character in the DCU. I’m sure his full potential/power will be realized in the next movie. I did get what I wanted, an empty theater. There were less than a dozen people at the evening showing.

46 minutes ago, Chaos_in_Canada said:

Shazam's! Theater Count (estimate) for the May 3rd weekend is 2,521 (-1,110) (-30.6 % change)

Whatever this movie (or any movie) makes has no affect on me. I only care if the movie is good. I enjoyed it and I guess it was a critical success as well.

03F0AE71-6BE4-42BC-8161-459CB9153614.jpeg