• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
4 4

1,885 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

6 little :censored:head SHAZAMs walking around... Who needs the Justice League now..?

:roflmao:

I think that was part of the magic in Shazam. Although it recognized the wider DCU with its backpacks, shirts, posters and even the Batarang and Superman bullet, it can stand on its own with a wide character pool.

8 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

[Sorry, can't watch your video at work, and not sure if it explains anything.]

Nah. I post videos that don't actually provide information. Like someone posting how much they hate a film repeatedly where it become background noise after a while.

:nyah:

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao:

I think that was part of the magic in Shazam. Although it recognized the wider DCU with its backpacks, shirts, posters and even the Batarang and Superman bullet, it can stand on its own with a wide character pool.

Nah. I post videos that don't actually provide information. Like someone posting how much they hate a film repeatedly where it become background noise after a while.

:nyah:

I did enjoy all of the Batman and Superman references. Great stuff!

At least this Captain Marvel is good. I was really hoping they'd call him that at some point.

3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I did enjoy all of the Batman and Superman references. Great stuff!

At least this Captain Marvel is good. I was really hoping they'd call him that at some point.

I have a feeling David Sandberg wanted to go down that path, but realized the legal troubles were far from worth it.

I do love that he melded in his Horror genre background into the film. Even including in the opening scene with the cops in the pawn shop you see an Annabelle doll in the bottom left corner as a nod to the films.

SHAZAM! Documentary & More Coming to SDCC

World Premiere of SHAZAM! Documentary (Thursday, July 18 – 6:00-7:00 PM)

Discover the unbelievable history behind the iconic, magical, and influential superhero who is really just a kid at heart: SHAZAM! Introduced in person by one of the film’s stars – Asher Angel – this DC Spotlight (streaming later this summer on DC Universe) features interviews with the people who helped The World’s Mightiest Mortal evolve from comic book hero to pop culture icon. You’ll witness the enlightening perspectives of legendary DC writers and artists, including Geoff Johns, Jerry Ordway, Tom Mandrake, Jeff Smith, Gerry Conway, Jim Lee, and Dan DiDio; filmmaker/comic expert Kevin Smith; and the stars and makers of 2019's hit film, SHAZAM!: Zachary Levi, Mark Strong, Asher Angel, Jack Dylan Grazer, Grace Fulton, Cooper Andrews, director David F. Sandberg, and producer Peter Safran; and many more. Horton Grand Theatre

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

World Premiere of SHAZAM! Documentary (Thursday, July 18 – 6:00-7:00 PM)

Discover the unbelievable history behind the iconic, magical, and influential superhero...

...and the stars and makers of 2019's hit film, SHAZAM!: Zachary Levi, Mark Strong, Asher Angel, Jack Dylan Grazer, Grace Fulton, Cooper Andrews, director David F. Sandberg, and producer Peter Safran; and many more. Horton Grand Theatre 

Awesome!  They had me at "Discover the unbelievable history behind the iconic."  Gonna have to watch this when it's available on the DC Universe website.  Much appreciate your chasing this info up and sharing.  Cheers!

Hold the bus!  They've made a The Banana Splits Movie and Scooby-Doo is 50?!  Jeez louise, I'm old....  :preach:

Faceapp.thumb.png.72c48421624a2d4cf7b2d2f28eae8c6d.png

Spider-doo.jpg.4a51d0990118cb2acfcef5d8f098a20b.jpg

18 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

For people who missed this(like me) Comcast on demand has it at $5.99 now to watch.  I am going to go watch it. Will report back later.

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

:popcorn:

:popcorn:

LOVED this movie - glad it's finally out on DVD! I haven't purchased a DVD in quite a while, but this one's going on my shelf, for sure.

On a similar note, have you all seen Alex Ross' timely tribute, "Echoes of Captain Marvel", that he released just as this movie was coming out?

I thought it was awesome that he decided to help clear the air on how very many comics, TV & movie properties had based their basic concept on the Shazam! premise. It's really beautiful, particularly considering that he drew it on a regular 11"x17" piece of paper.

Here's an example of the piece (you can see Zachary Levi to the right of the CC Beck version (front & center) - I'm working on a key to the characters, but I'm missing 3 of them so far:

Echoes-Of-Captain-MarvelCOLOR.thumb.jpg.9558b25ac285c370d71947a97b82ae63.jpg

And if anyone knows who the red, fire-haired giant is (and the two guys on his shoulder), I'd be grateful for the information.

Pax, harmonia,

Brian G. Philbin

2 minutes ago, BGPhilbiln said:

LOVED this movie - glad it's finally out on DVD! I haven't purchased a DVD in quite a while, but this one's going on my shelf, for sure.

On a similar note, have you all seen Alex Ross' timely tribute, "Echoes of Captain Marvel", that he released just as this movie was coming out?

I thought it was awesome that he decided to help clear the air on how very many comics, TV & movie properties had based their basic concept on the Shazam! premise. It's really beautiful, particularly considering that he drew it on a regular 11"x17" piece of paper.

Here's an example of the piece (you can see Zachary Levi to the right of the CC Beck version (front & center) - I'm working on a key to the characters, but I'm missing 3 of them so far:

Echoes-Of-Captain-MarvelCOLOR.thumb.jpg.9558b25ac285c370d71947a97b82ae63.jpg

And if anyone knows who the red, fire-haired giant is (and the two guys on his shoulder), I'd be grateful for the information.

Pax, harmonia,

Brian G. Philbin

Hey there fellow fan. Check out the video I just bumped from Alex Ross about the history of The Original Captain Marvel, and what motivated him about this piece. The answer may be in there. :foryou: