• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
4 4

1,885 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Man, that would be awesome to see that in the live sequel. :applause:

Right?Not to stray too of topic,but Lobo is still a guilty pleasure of mine.Just reread the 1990 series last week.

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Right?Not to stray too of topic,but Lobo is still a guilty pleasure of mine.Just reread the 1990 series last week.

With the Krypton TV show, they made him very much like the early series where he is an insanely powerful bounty hunter with a huge attitude. So with SYFY picking up the character for a solo TV show, I expect much more of this.

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

With the Krypton TV show, they made him very much like the early series where he is an insanely powerful bounty hunter with a huge attitude. So with SYFY picking up the character for a solo TV show, I expect much more of this.

I'm waaay out of the loop television wise-but I just watched some clips and besides the accent(Irish Jamaican patois?) I'm sold!

7 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I'm waaay out of the loop television wise-but I just watched some clips and besides the accent(Irish Jamaican patois?) I'm sold!

This won't ruin it for you. But it demonstrates how crazy they made Lobo on the show.

:whee:

‘Shazam!’ Remains Top Redbox Rental, ‘Alita’ Tops On Demand Chart

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment’s Shazam! remained No. 1 on Redbox’s kiosk disc rental chart the week ended July 28. The top newcomer on the disc rental chart was Fox’s Alita: Battle Angel. Another newcomer, Lionsgate’s Hellboy remake, debuted at No. 3 on the kiosk chart. Fox’s faith-based drama Breakthrough dropped to No. 4 on the disc chart. Paramount’s remake of the horror film Pet Sematary slipped to No. 5 on the kiosk chart.

The Redbox disc rental chart tracks DVD and Blu-ray Disc rentals at the company’s more than 40,000 red kiosks. The Redbox On Demand chart, which tracks digital transactions, including both electronic sell-through and streaming rentals, saw Alita debut at No. 1, with Shazam! dropping to No. 2. Hellboy was No. 3, Breakthrough was No. 4 and Universal’s Little was No. 5.

Top DVD and Blu-ray Disc Rentals, Redbox Kiosks, Week Ended July 28:

• Shazam! — Warner
  • Alita: Battle Angel — Fox
  • Hellboy (2019) — Lionsgate
  • Breakthrough — Fox
  • Pet Sematary (2019) — Paramount
  • Little — Universal
  • Dumbo (2019) — Disney
  • Missing Link — Fox
  • Captain Marvel — Disney
  • Us — Universal

Top Digital, Redbox On Demand, Week Ended July 28:

• Alita: Battle Angel — Fox
  • Shazam! — Warner
  • Hellboy (2019) — Lionsgate
  • Breakthrough — Fox
  • Little — Universal
  • Pet Sematary (2019) — Paramount
  • Aquaman — Warner
  • The Upside — STX
  • Missing Link — Fox
  • Us — Universal

On 7/15/2019 at 5:10 PM, Mr.TawkyTawny said:

Scene from LEGO DC: Batman - Family Matters.  Love the throwback original art déco Subway Car from Whiz Comics #2 and #25.  Nice.  :whee:

Still waiting for more details to come out about this project. Would love to see a LEGO family-friendly Shazam film to bring more general audience members on-board.

JUSTTTTT got around to seeing it this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Full disclosure: I never followed any of Shazam's arc's in the comics so I know nothing (almost nothing) of his canon.  That said, I found it "fun" in that the entire movie didn't take itself too seriously but in the best possible way.  Jack Dylan Grazer was fan-bleeping-tastic throughout; he made it easier to relate to the narrative.  Great movie and deserves any and all accolades it receives.

Edited by sagekilz

2 hours ago, sagekilz said:

JUSTTTTT got around to seeing it this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Full disclosure: I never followed any of Shazam's arc's in the comics so I know nothing (almost nothing) of his canon.  That said, I found it "fun" in that the entire movie didn't take itself too seriously but in the best possible way.  Jack Dylan Grazer was fan-bleeping-tastic throughout; he made it easier to relate to the narrative.  Great movie and deserves any and all accolades it's receives.

Now imagine how many times you could have seen THIS film at the theaters. Though I realize Disney needed all-hands on deck. :baiting: