• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your AMATEUR/HOMEMADE Bronze Age comics!!!

33 posts in this topic

Having thoroughly enjoyed the previous postings, I naturally went scouring for some old scans of pages long since misplaced. Growing up mostly in a vacuum before the ubiquitous social media of today, most of us that toiled in the 70's or 80's creating our own comics might surely have thought ourselves alone in mimicking our favorite adventures which leapt off the spinner racks into our hungry little hands. Lo and behold, that appears NOT the case! It's heartwarming to imagine the rest of you at whatever served as your drawing table back then churning out your own tales much like I was.  

Me? I'm not sure I ever finished a whole book - heck, as you can see from a few of the following examples, I didn't even finish many of my pages. Much like my hero Kirby worked, I just drew the darned page and somehow expected the dialogue (and story) would follow. I'm sure the keen-eyed among you will spot the obvious influences from the following examples, as I imagine the Adams or Perez or Byrne in some of the previous postings. (thumbsu 

Up first, ubiquitous 80's ninjas:

35380117.e822d6e9.800.jpg