• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Hey Elf - Don't Forget the Beer" or A Grail by Any Other Name!!

33 posts in this topic

Nice job, Gene - love reading the story leading up to the pick up! This is the era that got me hooked on Wolverine as well. One of the best Uncanny covers as it's a wonderful tribute and captures one of the best facets of Wolverine's history.

Congratulations on picking up such a remarkable remembrance. :applause:

I have almost the same memories about picking up this book and reading it off the stands. It lingers in my mind as one of my all time favorite covers and stories.

Amazing how things can strike a chord with us and linger our entire lives.

Congrats on tracking it down!!!

I have almost the same memories about picking up this book and reading it off the stands. It lingers in my mind as one of my all time favorite covers and stories.

Amazing how things can strike a chord with us and linger our entire lives.

Congrats on tracking it down!!!

Thanks, Chris, and everyone else who's posted here and elsewhere, for all the kind comments! I've been grinning ear-to-ear non-stop since this arrived on Saturday - this one is really special for me and it's been tremendous to see so many people in the hobby rally around to celebrate this with me. :luhv:

Don't get me wrong - I love Ditko, Kirby and a lot of other great artists and their work, but you never forget your first love, which, for me, was the X-Men circa 1983. To have gotten this cover and the JRJR UXM #176 cover earlier this year has just been huge for me. Looking at those two covers, I see that part of my childhood distilled down into two 11 x 17" sheets of art board - it really is a wonderful feeling. :cloud9:

Thanks again, everyone, and I wish the best for everyone out there searching for their first OA loves as well!