• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Fantastic Four 20 CGC 9.0 white *SOLD* TY

15 posts in this topic

Just the one book.

Rules:

No Probies or HOSers

Price includes USA shipping and insurance and Paypal fee.

I plan to ship Priority Express (1-day) mail.

I am willing to ship outside the USA if the buyer is willing to pay the extra shipping and insurance costs.

:takeit: in thread rules over PM negotiations but not completed deal (time stamp thing will apply)

Since this place is taking a liking to bizarre :takeit: rules I'll put one in.

If anyone posts a :takeit: along with a pic of greggy wearing Wonder Woman underoos you can trump all the other :takeit: *

*This is of course a joke silly!

======================================================

I purchased this book raw as the Massachusetts copy over ten years ago before I came to these boards and CGC was still in it's infancy. At the time I didn't think of a future resale or ever dreamed about sending a book in to be "graded" so I never followed up asking for some level of documentation verifying it's pedigree status. I bought it from a dealer that had the whole run of Mass FFs for sale on eBay. The early pricey books were all slabbed by CGC and this transaction was what actually made me take note of CGC seriously for the first time when I saw the $$$ the slabs were going for.

Consider that my origin story for CGC and this book was the catalyst.

I hope it finds a nice home.

I just got it back from CGC today and saw the label and they couldn't (or wouldn't) confirm it's the Mass copy. :(

The gloss and whites on this book are to die for... :luhv:

Since this place is taking a liking to bizarre :takeit: rules I'll put one in.

If anyone posts a :takeit: along with a pic of greggy wearing Wonder Woman underoos you can trump all the other :takeit: *

:lol:

I purchased this book raw as the Massachusetts copy over ten years ago before I came to these boards and CGC was still in it's infancy.

I just got it back from CGC today and saw the label and they couldn't (or wouldn't) confirm it's the Mass copy. :(

This book has all the characteristics of a Mass copy. It looks fresh off the shelves with White pages. It looks incredible. I just talked to someone at WW Chicago who submitted a Mass book without documentation and didn't get the designation from CGC. It's good to see CGC is more strict on granting the pedigree status but I do feel bad for you. Perhaps you can contact Marnin Rosenberg as he brought the SA Mass collection to market. Maybe he has an old scan or can tell you who bought the book from him.

In any case, this is a great copy. GLWTS !

I purchased this book raw as the Massachusetts copy over ten years ago before I came to these boards and CGC was still in it's infancy.

This book has all the characteristics of a Mass copy. It looks fresh off the shelves with White pages. It looks incredible. I just talked to someone at WW Chicago who submitted a Mass book without documentation and didn't get the designation from CGC. It's good to see CGC is more strict on granting the pedigree status but I do feel bad for you. Perhaps you can contact Marnin Rosenberg as he brought the SA Mass collection to market. Maybe he has an old scan or can tell you who bought the book from him.

In any case, this is a great copy. GLWTS !

....my memory is not so good anymore..... but I think Storms bought some and possibly a lot of the Mass FF's.... I think I remember him telling me that while they were nice, they were not quite as consistently nice as the ASM's for example. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...Your copy also has that slight translucency to the cover that seems to be on most Mass copies I've seen

hm Purdy book!

What is the significance of the George R. R. Martin letter reference in the CGC notes?

No real significance other than the fact that he become famous. Most of the time they do it for people who became big names in the industry as creators.

Basically though it is just another feather in Martin's nerd cred hat. I believe I read somewhere that he has a good claim as the first ever attendee of a comic con as well.