• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9.9 and 10 grades not considered in low value tiers?

31 posts in this topic

This is a very strange quote from WW Comics webpage:

CBCS is considering 9.9 and 10.0 in all tiers, not just the higher priced tiers. This is huge for that market as there are many 9.9 and 10.0 comics in 9.8 CGC cases that were not considered for these grades due to the tier they were submitted under.

I received a 9.9 book back on an Economy sub a couple of years ago - this all sounds like sour grapes on WW's side.

It's definitely weird. Would he have sour grapes b/c of Matt leaving? Doesn't make sense.

This is a very strange quote from WW Comics webpage:

CBCS is considering 9.9 and 10.0 in all tiers, not just the higher priced tiers. This is huge for that market as there are many 9.9 and 10.0 comics in 9.8 CGC cases that were not considered for these grades due to the tier they were submitted under.

I received a 9.9 book back on an Economy sub a couple of years ago - this all sounds like sour grapes on WW's side.

It's definitely weird. Would he have sour grapes b/c of Matt leaving? Doesn't make sense.

Reading the entire text he posted, I got the distinct feeling he was unhappy with CGC in general - hence the sour grapes comment. No matter what, it's verifiably incorrect.

I’d be happy to turn all your 9.9s and 10s into 9.8 so you don’t have to worry about it…

All they would need to do is open the case and resubmit the books and 9 out of 10 of them would come back 9.8s.

I gave a 9.9 on a book in an Economy invoice today. I guess I should go back and change it. No one told me it wasn't allowed. (shrug):eyeroll:

Was it a NM #98? Those are impossible!

Thus endeth the lesson.

I’d be happy to turn all your 9.9s and 10s into 9.8 so you don’t have to worry about it…

All they would need to do is open the case and resubmit the books and 9 out of 10 of them would come back 9.8s.

Because perfection is not a thing of this world, at least not in paper artifacts! lol

I gave a 9.9 on a book in an Economy invoice today. I guess I should go back and change it. No one told me it wasn't allowed. (shrug):eyeroll:

Was it an X-Men #101?