• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOON! Patrick Warburton (The Tick) and crew coming back?

122 posts in this topic

I just picked up the entire nine episode DVD a few months back. I watched the first few episodes, which were pretty funny and very good representations of the comics.

I need to watch the rest of the episodes. But I think this deserved another season.

Ben Edlund Confirms Plans For THE TICK Revival; Update On Patrick Warburton's Involvement

--------------------

The original source wasn't the most reliable but now The Wrap have weighed in confirming that Patrick Warburton, "is set to reprise his role as "The Tick" in an Amazon pilot," adding: "Warburton worked out a deal with Sony Television, who have held the rights since the show's 2001 cancellation, to bring back the beloved character as an Amazon pilot." Meanwhile, creator Ben Edlund would also semi confirm the news via his Twitter account as you can see below!

ben_edlund @ben_edlund: Yes for now suffice it to say the dream of a new live-action Tick is being pursued with vigor #bringbackTheTick

--------------------

:applause:

I love the tick!

The final season of the Cartoon is hard to find because it's never been released on DVD, but it's worth finding if you can get it.

When the tick decides to run a continuing education class... one of my favorites of all time!

Can't wait for this to happen.

"I'm really not at liberty to discuss anything in regards to The Tick right now. I will say, isn't it ironic that Captain Liberty's friend isn't at liberty? Are there discussions? I would say things look very interesting and positive," said Warburton.

lol

They are doing a good job of keeping this under wraps right now.

Denver Comic Con '15: Patrick Warburton Speaks

Patrick has played character for nearly every age, and one character is both a child and adult…sort of. The Tick may have only lasted 9 episodes, but he could soon be coming back thanks to Amazon. Don’t expect the same version of the first Tick series though. Patrick hints at a slightly different “sweet but dangerous” version. The series is all set to go, but his new TV show called “Crowded” may affect the time line to get a new Tick leaping on to the scene.

boXDF2sl.jpg

Patrick Warburton Reveals ‘The Tick’ Reboot Is Happening Soon

"We're doing it," revealed Warburton to HNGN while promoting his new NBC series "Crowded" at the Television Critics Press Tour in Pasadena, Calif.

"We just got Ben Edlund's latest draft, it's probably his tenth draft, they have been beating him up," he continued. "I think it's brilliant. It's ready to go, and I got a carve-out from NBC as 'The Tick' had already been in development."

Warburton was not at liberty to divulge much more than a pilot had been greenlit, but did reveal the new "Tick" would be darker in tone compared to the original series.

"It's going to be a new, somewhat darker incarnation of 'The Tick,'" he said. "I really can't expose too much, but the Tick is still the Tick, and he still has his essence and is just as beautiful and insane as he was."

"It was the most fun I've ever had in my whole life," he admitted. "We did nine episodes and got no support from Fox at the time. They just decided it was too expensive and didn't care that every critic from New York to L.A. loved the show. They were going to kill it because of reality shows."

:wishluck:

:whee: