• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOON! Patrick Warburton (The Tick) and crew coming back?

122 posts in this topic

I got to go to The Tick panel and speak with both Ben and Griffin (Arthur) for quite a bit throughout SDCC and they were both very excited for it. Not in a way that was an attempt to sell me on it either, as they already knew I was a fan. Griffin is such a great pick for Arthur after getting a sense of who he is personally. Ben stated they will be focusing quite a bit on Arthur's past and what lead him to be the way he is. They plan to do the same with other characters as well, except The Tick. They (and I agree) felt that the bulk of his history is best left a mystery.

Due to it being a pilot they did say they were forced to work with a budget that was much less than they would have if its voted in by Amazon Prime members to continue with a full season. So they felt they did the best they could do with what they had to work with. I'm really excited for it. As far as Ticks suit, I was a bit weary of it as well but perhaps it will play a bit better with the darker version they are aiming to go for rather than one comical and similar to Warburton's suit.

Man, that is one crazy costume.

Jackie Earl Haley as 'The Terror' chats with Screen Actors Guild executive Michael Kunizaki in Wally Pfister & Ben Edlund's 'The Tick' for Amazon Studios on May 18, 2016 in New York City.

ITC6gs4.jpg

For any fans of The Tick, I just saw that Ben Edlund will be attending WW Chicago to screen the pilot of The Tick that will air on Amazon and Twitch on August 19th. This is from WW's site...

"Ben Edlund. Born on a cranberry bog in the heart of New England. Raised on television at a time when there no choice but to watch Hogan's Heroes over and over. Well, there was always televised coverage of candlestick bowling, but that's tantamount to child abuse. At age 17, the unregulated influx of television, movies, and comics to which he was exposed reversed polarities and he began to regurgitate a twisted, humor-based superhero mythos centered around a weird blue avenger called THE TICK. He wrote and pencilled the first twelve issues of The Tick comic series starting in 1988, and went on to co-write and co-produce a Saturday morning cartoon series which aired on FOX for three seasons from 1994-96. Edlund did the same in 2001, in a short lived live-action Tick TV series which went from cancellation to cult status. From that point Edlund started writing and producing [and in some cases, directing] on shows such as Firefly, Angel, Supernatural, Gotham, and the Venture Bros. He counts himself lucky to have contributed to some of the coolest universes out there. Known for shameless plugging, he is about to engage on another journey with The Tick, a re-envisioned live action series produced by Sony and Amazon, appearing, as a pilot, for a month starting August 19th on Amazon Prime. Say! Why not take part in that journey and this biography by voting YES and turning the new Tick series into a real boy? Or a live fairy. Clap your hands and believe!"

Please note that once the pilot is watched in its entirety on Amazon you will be prompted to vote for Amazon to continue with a full length series. Please do so! :foryou:

Wow! This actually looks decent.

It wasn't. I tried watching it on Amazon tonight it had to turn it off. The Tick sounds like he's doing a bad Adam West impression, and Arthur is... just wrong in every way.

They even elude to the Tick being a figment of Arthur's imagination.

It's a *spooning* 10!

This is The Tick that we've been waiting for! We've seen several variations of The Tick from different creators, actors, and voices. Well, here's the darker and more grown up version that I've been hoping I'd see one day. Diving into the depths of Arthur's past is an absolutely perfect start to the show. I love all of the casting choices, yet I know Peter still needs to grow on me a bit. Yet Arthur and Dot are perfectly cast. I'm really looking forward to more Griffin as Arthur.

For a pilot it was way more than I was ever hoping for and can't wait to see more. I knew Ben said he planned to go deeper and darker than most would probably be anticipating and I think it was it best decision at this point in time. If you were hoping for a walk down memory lane then watch a rerun, because this is new and improved in my opinion. It is definitely worth checking it out so please do, it's well worth it and don't forget to log on to Amazon.com review pilot to leave your review...of 5 stars of course!

I watched it last night, i'd give it a 6/10.

The 2nd half of the episode is much better than the 1st half for sure.

It gave off a very "wilfred" vibe, if you've seen that show with Frodo in it (can't think of his real name at the moment).

I dig trying new things with characters, and this is something different for sure.

I watched it last night, i'd give it a 6/10.

The 2nd half of the episode is much better than the 1st half for sure.

It gave off a very "wilfred" vibe, if you've seen that show with Frodo in it (can't think of his real name at the moment).

I dig trying new things with characters, and this is something different for sure.

'Wilfred' - man, it has been a long time since I have seen that show.

So is that the intent here in conveying The Tick may be in his sidekick's imagination? Hmmm.