• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOON! Patrick Warburton (The Tick) and crew coming back?

122 posts in this topic

Just watched the 6-episode run... and it was a delight.  I was a bit unsure how/why they went with an R rating for the Tick... but the match up was actually well used.   I'm glad to hear more episodes are coming.

All the episodes seemed to clock in at around 20-25 minutes, so it's definitely worth 2 hours of your time if you were a fan of either a) the cartoon or b) the previous live-action incarnation... or heck, just a well-executed superhero show.  As any good Tick material does, it has a laugh about the genre without making fun of it.

Why The Tick Season 1 Is Split Into Two Parts On Amazon, According To The EPs

38d6ffa03d16da949f880f9bf7734dd705167ad8

After all of the free two day shipping you've engaged in, those months finally gave way to today's premiere, and after reading about a 12 episode season, you're wondering why there's only six episodes uploaded to Amazon. Don't be alarmed, it's all part of the plan, as The Tick was deliberately broken into two halves. The reason for such a decision being that the executive producers all agreed on one thing: to bring back episodic anticipation.

This is a first for Amazon, as The Tick is the first series of theirs' to launch with a split season, and series creator Ben Edlund couldn't be happier to have suggested it along with his team of executive producers, David Fury and Barry Josephson. Edlund explained why this approach was ultimately what won out, as follows:

"The Binge Watching issue is... I see it as it's a perfect dive from a high board, and there's no splash. It just goes in and goes out when you experience it as a culture, it comes and goes. [Ben, David, and Barry] We're all sort of veterans of the opposite of that. Fan energy wants to have a culture to express itself in. So if you split a season, and give a gap in-between, you get anticipation, you get people are able [to] talk about what happened, are able to kind of set their watches for what happens next. It helps us win back some of what is lost when we lose, inevitably, the week to week sort of broadcast basis of storytelling."

You binge-watching people made this happen.

:sumo:

:shy:

19 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Actually, I like it.  It's the "tapas" version of streaming. If enough shows start doing this you could sample short runs of several shows instead of committing to 13+ episode slogs of a few selected shows you're just watching to the end simply because you started them.

L.A. Readers: Win Free Tickets to See New Episodes of ‘The Tick’ with Live Cast Performance

the-tick-image-slice-600x200.jpg

With The Tick returning to Prime Video next week, we’re giving away something neat to some of our readers: tickets to a special screening of The Tick in Los Angeles. You have a chance to be among the first to watch two new episodes of the show followed by a special performance featuring Tick stars Peter Serafinowicz, Griffin Newman, and Scott Speiser and Alex Corea (The Attack). Stick around afterwards to mingle and enjoy some snacks and drinks.

To enter for a chance to win a pair of tickets please email thecollidermailbox@gmail.com with the subject line “Destiny or Bust” and include your name and the name of your guest. The event takes place February 22 at 7:30pm in the Hollywood area, so please only enter if you are available to attend. We’ll be accepting emails until Monday, February 19 and we’ll contact the winners via email by Tuesday, February 20. Additional details regarding the event, including the exact location, will be provided to winners.

The Tick and Arthur round up the gang in a crash collision course between justice and villainy. New episodes available to stream on Prime Video on February 23.

It had been a while since I watched the original tv series--- watched it all today. I like the way both were made personally and just find the character so cool.

in case you need to stream the original, it is available for free on Crackle currently:

https://www.sonycrackle.com/the-tick/2417020?cmpid=media_library_FB_supermansion_streamer_Carousel_newsfeed

'The Tick' Season 2 Review: A Winning Formula Full of Heart, Hilarity, and Tin Foil

the-tick-arthur-season-2-1164418.thumb.jpeg.d451b2bb26b2ac5c4e767f9e91f83ef8.jpeg

Season Two of The Tick does more of what you grew to love in Season One, but it's more refined in its humor and setups, and while you might not laugh out loud in every episode, I always found myself smiling throughout. The Tick's lovable attitude contrasts so well with the variety of characters surrounding him, and Arthur, Dot, and Overkill carry significantly more weight this time around without overshadowing their powerhouse blue hero.

The Tick continues to ooze charm and personality, but also manages to push its cast in new and often hilarious directions. The Tick wears its heart on its sleeve, and we can't help but love him for it.

Rating: 4 out of 5

The Tick Season Two, all 10 episodes of it, is scheduled to release on Amazon Prime Video on April 5th.

:banana:

19 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I wonder how bad the ratings were that they canceled the show, i thought they really stepped it up season 2 and it was really good!

I'm so mad, i'm going to kill all my PC's this weekend as i DM our monthly roleplaying session!  Someone must pay, and I know who's getting the bill!