• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A plea to God

13 posts in this topic

I wouldn't feel too bad. I routinley have 2 driveways to shovel, and neither of them are mine! mad.gif

Tom, You're going to be my new training partner on back day!!! We'll meet up on Tuesdays over at Golds in Bellmore. By this time next year, you'll be doing sets of deadlifts with 500 pounds for reps and PRAYING for blizzards to get out there like a human back-hoe!!!

Hehe, I've been called a human hoe but not a back hoe. That is a pretty good gym over there, I go to the pool hall near there all the time. No matter how strong I get , I will never pray for blizzards - I just hate this to no end. If Sears has any snow blowers left, I'm picking up one up. Hammer, man did we get spoiled the past few years on Long Island in terms of snow. It does look like God heard me, it will be in the 40's for most of the week.

Tomega

In Winnipeg, its been pretty mild all year. Only had to use the snow-blower once. And only after I made a pile of snow with a shovel to make it worthwhile. We've had our share of the white-stuff on occasion so believe me when I say "I feel you're pain". Hope it ends soon for you.

It's OK. I know how we can personally make sure that it will NEVER snow again on Long Island. If your luck is anything like mine, all we have to do is both head over to Sears and and purchase the most expensive, elaborate, state-of-the-art, tractor/snow blowers they offer. That'll be it for snowfall on Long Island until we expire.

Speaking from experience, I KNOW this will work. One particularly sun-filled summer without seeing a cloud in the sky from June 1st to August 1st, I made the mistake of buying a beautiful folding tent (after listening to her Royal F***ing Highness complain about how hot it was for a solid month) for use at Robert Moses Field 5 (yes, the nude beach). As I was reaching into my pocket to pay for it at the register, there was a clap of thunder, followed by a monsoon-like downpour and that was it for the sun for the rest of the summer!!!