• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con Still a 3 day con, Sept. 25-27, 2015

398 posts in this topic

Okay, thank you jsilverjanet :applause::cloud9: I am good to go. :whee: I now have about 7 straight blue label submissions and 20 hopeful yellow SS. :facepalm: Most are being done with an eventual commercial aspect, but I am psyched to hopefully get Marv Wolfman and Tom Palmer on a Doctor Strange 14 that I can then place under the art I have from ToD 44, which crosses over with Doc 14. I do not have a high grade copy of Doc 14 at the moment, so this will have to do. It will look splendid if I do say so myself.

Does anyone know if they doing Pressing on-site at Baltimore as well as grading?

No, they don't.

Grading is enough of an issue, they'd be overwhelmed if pressing was thrown in.

I had planned on going to the show today but held off on going til tomorrow, just so I can press a few more books before I sub them for onsite grading. Haha....ugh.

Ninjak 1 Chromium 7.0, PLOD.

Didn't he tell you? He's exclusively selling mid grade Valliant now. Purple only.

:headbang:

Valiant is the ghey....

(apologies in advance to Valiant collectors)

Gator,

I'll have a decent midgrade Hero For Hire #1 for ya, I'll stop by your booth on Friday or Saturday...still not sure when I will make it to the show, so many damn books to get prepped for onsite grading :tonofbricks:

Can anyone give me a definitive deadline to get books subbed at CGC's booth in order for them to be graded onsite?

Based on how busy they were yesterday, I would say 2 PM today.

Onsite was rough. they opened up at 1 pm for new onsite, then closed down. Slated to open at 3 pm, which they did but they only took about 15 more people. Try back in the morning they said!

I subbed 9 books but my 3 SS have to go to Florida! I missed out by that much! (Vess Web 1; Starlin Gauntlet 1, and Terry Moore Rachel Rachel 2.)

I also bought 3 books today despite planning on doing my buying on Sunday. I got a Batman/Harley Quinn nn, a Silver Surfer 4 and a Rachel Rising 1. (I did not pay theprice on the stickers on any of those...dealers were very willing to deal. Or they were vastly overpriced perhaps!) Prices on the B/HQ nn were all over the place in there! There were BA12s everywhere I looked as well, priced for show. Lots of $20 Scooby Doo 12 and many $40 Gwenpools. I plan on looking for a few Doc 169s on Sunday but I will probably end up with one more SS4 instead.

CPyXogVUcAAYrYA.jpg

Can anyone give me a definitive deadline to get books subbed at CGC's booth in order for them to be graded onsite?

Pretty close :thumbsup:

Onsite will most likely open up again briefly Saturday morning ...

Onsite was rough. they opened up at 1 pm for new onsite, then closed down. Slated to open at 3 pm, which they did but they only took about 15 more people. Try back in the morning they said!

I subbed 9 books but my 3 SS have to go to Florida! I missed out by that much! (Vess Web 1; Starlin Gauntlet 1, and Terry Moore Rachel Rachel 2.)

I also bought 3 books today despite planning on doing my buying on Sunday. I got a Batman/Harley Quinn nn, a Silver Surfer 4 and a Rachel Rising 1. (I did not pay theprice on the stickers on any of those...dealers were very willing to deal. Or they were vastly overpriced perhaps!) Prices on the B/HQ nn were all over the place in there! There were BA12s everywhere I looked as well, priced for show. Lots of $20 Scooby Doo 12 and many $40 Gwenpools. I plan on looking for a few Doc 169s on Sunday but I will probably end up with one more SS4 instead.

CPyXogVUcAAYrYA.jpg

Good picks, hoss (thumbs u

I'll probably just suck it up and spend tomorrow pressing a few more books, and just sub a decent stack to CGC on Sunday and have them fast tracked. I have the feeling if I drive down to the show tomorrow morning, no matter what time I get there, I'll get shut out of onsite grading.

At this point why even bother driving down. Take your time, press the books and ship it to them

No sense in wasting time and gas when you could be pressing

Hector scored big

At this point why even bother driving down. Take your time, press the books and ship it to them

No sense in wasting time and gas when you could be pressing

Hector scored big

I made the appointment for out mani/pedi tomorrow morning. I'll pick you up at the hotel

:banana: