• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trimmed or miscut? or any way too tell?

16 posts in this topic

Based on some CGC'd images I would say not cut. The extra space on the left compensates for the less space on the right. So just based on image area I'd say not trimmed.

And yeah, it may be beat but it is an excellent book to have!

Also thanks for pointing that out, I didnt even notice how much extra picture there was on the left side then most ive seen

it doesnt appear trimmed but like everyone else said, i cant tell from a picture. another quick way to tell if a book is trimmed is too look at the color of the edge of the pages. Generally a trimmed edge won't match the same paper color as a non trimmed edge. I suggest good light and even a magnifying glass to inspect the covers edge you suspect trimmed. generally speaking if its trimmed the edge will be lighter than another edge abruptly rather than a slow fade of pages slowly aging into cream. trimmed books almost always appear to have whiter edges than usual. so compare the paper color of the area around the suspected trim.

also trimmed books often will have other restoration done too, so look at the inside front and back covers for color bleed to spot resto.. usually black marker will bleed through the most common.

This method works great for golden age and early silver,

I have yet to see a purple label.