• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gary Dolgoff Comics Finders Fee?

13 posts in this topic

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with getting paid their finders fees for finding a collection? I mean what's stopping him from saying it's a bad lead not paying you and buying it anyway?

any boardies have any experiences with gary?

Finders fees are pretty subjective, from what I've always understood.

I don't know how Gary Dolgoff figures his fee, but I know that he has always been considered to be a stand up guy. I've bought a few things from him over the years with good grading and customer service.

If it is a collection worth buying better to buy it yourself or find a partner that can buy it and split profits. Why settle for a measly finders fee?

To me, finders fees are a thing of the past. I know I would happily fund a collection and split profits with someone if that meant getting a nice collection offered. Don't get me wrong, I'm ok paying a 10% fee but if I find a collection I want more than 10% lol

If it is a collection worth buying better to buy it yourself or find a partner that can buy it and split profits. Why settle for a measly finders fee?

To me, finders fees are a thing of the past. I know I would happily fund a collection and split profits with someone if that meant getting a nice collection offered. Don't get me wrong, I'm ok paying a 10% fee but if I find a collection I want more than 10% lol

so does that mean that gary does pay his finders fees without problems? The reason I choose this option because I can only afford to buy 500 dollar collections at this point in time :(

so does that mean that gary does pay his finders fees without problems? The reason I choose this option because I can only afford to buy 500 dollar collections at this point in time :(

For what it's worth. . .

The times I've ever bought anything from Gary D., he's always been a strong grader--often undergrading comics by quite a bit. I've never bought through the mail from him, but anybody I know who's bought stuff from him has only had good things to say. He's got a rep as an honest person in the hobby as far as I know. He's been around the block, too. One of the old Overstreet advertisers.

Gary owned the comic store I went to as a kid in Mamaroneck NY. He bought it about a year after I started going to it and rebranded it big apple comics.

I bought a few of my keepers fm him back in the late 80's. I remember a few finder deals happening when I was in store. I remember him being an honest dude.

Gary owned the comic store I went to as a kid in Mamaroneck NY. He bought it about a year after I started going to it and rebranded it big apple comics.

I bought a few of my keepers fm him back in the late 80's. I remember a few finder deals happening when I was in store. I remember him being an honest dude.

thanks for the feedback Matt I appreciate it :)

Gary Dolgoff is a super-awesome guy. A good deal of my 20+ years collection comes from him… there weren’t many options of nice sellers selling abroad at the time, and he has always been super-correct and super-honest (up to the point he refunded you "to cents precision" if for some reason he had to reimburse you). (thumbs u

Gary… :cloud9:

Gary Dolgoff is a super-awesome guy. A good deal of my 20+ years collection comes from him… there weren’t many options of nice sellers selling abroad at the time, and he has always been super-correct and super-honest (up to the point he refunded you "to cents precision" if for some reason he had to reimburse you). (thumbs u

Gary… :cloud9:

I appreciate the input it gives me confidence about trusting gary

As Gator said, don't settle for a finder's fee. Borrow some $$ or partner up with someone on the boards you trust.

As Gator said, don't settle for a finder's fee. Borrow some $$ or partner up with someone on the boards you trust.

In fact, why not follow up with Gator on his pseudo offer? ;)

In fact, why not follow up with Gator on his pseudo offer? ;)

I already have :)