• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Detective/Batman books

25 posts in this topic

Of course, the #407 was purchased off eBay, so I was only a buck or two higher than the next bidder(so there are at least two suckers). The #404 was picked up from a forum member.

Frankly, I think the answer is probably yes, these books do sell for guide below 9.0. Well, at least when they're in the 8.0 range.

I have these up for auction, check em out. They are dirt cheap, and will sell well below guide....

Batman 249, 250, 251, 252

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MESE:IT

Batman 426

Detective 404, 408, 415

Looking for Neal Adam covers from Batman or Detective. Just looking for books in VF- or better. Raw or graded, makes no difference. Thanks

Brian

Hi Murph,

If you check my thread, you'll see I have some books that fit your description. hi.gif I can email/post scans of any you like, let me know.

cheers

Dan

There's a nice Bat #222 Beatles N Adams' cover Cgc 9.0 on ComicLink now for about $200. Not bad for a bloody scarce comic. news.gif

You're not serious are you, 'cause it ain't scarce. Don't know of any Batman books that are. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Batman 222 is common in lower grades, but harder to find in high grade. A 9.0 could be considered scarce.

There's a nice Bat #222 Beatles N Adams' cover Cgc 9.0 on ComicLink now for about $200. Not bad for a bloody scarce comic. news.gif

You're not serious are you, 'cause it ain't scarce. Don't know of any Batman books that are. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Batman 222 is common in lower grades, but harder to find in high grade. A 9.0 could be considered scarce.

I must be lucky, had plenty of 9.0s pass through my hands & seen them on dealer websites too. 72.7% of the ones in the census are 9.0 or higher. And by "scarce" you mean 20 in existence? 100? 1000? 5000? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I must be lucky, had plenty of 9.0s pass through my hands & seen them on dealer websites too. 72.7% of the ones in the census are 9.0 or higher. And by "scarce" you mean 20 in existence? 100? 1000? 5000? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I believe you've been lucky...I've been looking for a nice copy for years and could never garner better than a 9.0. I bought the "NM" Oakland copy but the top staple was detached, which is a defect common to this issue, making high grade copies even scarcer. GPA only shows 3 copies of this issue sold, the highest being a 9.0. But let me know if you see a nice one for sale! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I believe you've been lucky...I've been looking for a nice copy for years and could never garner better than a 9.0. I bought the "NM" Oakland copy but the top staple was detached, which is a defect common to this issue, making high grade copies even scarcer. GPA only shows 3 copies of this issue sold, the highest being a 9.0. But let me know if you see a nice one for sale! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'll add that gman flipped a sweet CGC 9.2 purchased from the Blazing One & I think Rip had a CGC 9.2 & CGC 9.4 at one time too. I guess GPA missed those or they were "offline" sales. I wonder what Gregory has. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll add that gman flipped a sweet CGC 9.2 purchased from the Blazing One & I think Rip had a CGC 9.2 & CGC 9.4 at one time too. I guess GPA missed those or they were "offline" sales. I wonder what Gregory has. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I got my current copy from RIP...a nice 8.5! Must've been his downgrade from the nicer copies?