• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lucifer ordered for a Fox pilot
1 1

504 posts in this topic

Started watching this. Entertaining enough to keep going for now.

Lucifer is a cross between David Tennant and Tim Curry. His campy arrogance and wide-eyed grins are a little overdone and grating at times.

That's an interesting way to describe it. But I think it is being done purposely to convey how overly self-confident Lucifer is in his actions.

I watched Episode 4 last night, and liked it.

Chloe saw Lucifer's true image in a metal cabinet reflection. He told her to go ahead and shoot him, as it wouldn't even impact him physically. So she does, and he discovers his time on Earth is making him human.

:ohnoez:

Lucifer is a cross between David Tennant and Tim Curry. His campy arrogance and wide-eyed grins are a little overdone and grating at times.

That's an interesting way to describe it. But I think it is being done purposely to convey how overly self-confident Lucifer is in his actions.

Chloe saw Lucifer's true image in a metal cabinet reflection. He told her to go ahead and shoot him, as it wouldn't even impact him physically. So she does, and he discovers his time on Earth is making him human.

Re: Spoiler, I'm not drawing any conclusions as yet on why that happened. It seems equally likely that it's something to do with Chloe. Mind you, I never read the Lucifer series, so maybe there's a whole bunch of relevant stuff I don't know. Agree that Ep4 was relatively decent compared to Ep2 and 3.

IMO, terrible show. I'll be surprised if it lasts the season.

He's the devil. This could have been entertaining if they made him a foil for humanity (tempting them and using his wiles to trick them into giving up their free will) but the smug Sherlock Holmes bit is tiresome and doesn't really make sense the way they lay it out.

This could have been good if they made it like Bedazzled, where each episode he tries to lure/trick some down-on-their-luck schmoe into signing over their free will to him (give him a midget sidekick named Tattoo that's really a demon) and he gets thwarted or stumped by someone's selflessness or good will. All the while he goads people into doing "bad" stuff, which turns around bites him in the butt later in the episode. Make the devil a bit of a bumbler, or not. Could have been good shtick.

These formula cop shows have run their course and with his powers of speed/strength/invulnerability/compulsion, each episode should only be 5 minutes long. Walk around asking anyone "Did you do it? If not, do you know who did?" They are compelled to tell him the truth, aaaand roll credits.

Too many other good shows to waste a single grey cell on this one.

-T

I like the show. But it just seems to be a little bit of a twist on the show Castle - hes a writer working with the police. This show its Satan working with the police.

Now how they go about it is different and there is more to it since he has powers over people .

But its not one of those shows I would miss terribly if its gets cancelled. Its just not different enough .

I like the show. But it just seems to be a little bit of a twist on the show Castle - hes a writer working with the police. This show its Satan working with the police.

Now how they go about it is different and there is more to it since he has powers over people .

But its not one of those shows I would miss terribly if its gets cancelled. Its just not different enough .

And somewhat like BONES with a Forensic Anthropologist working with the FBI. And iZombie with a zombie ME working with the police.

Overall I am enjjoying LUCIFER a great deal.

Her reaction to seeing Lucifer in the buff was freaking hilarious.

Edited by ThatPovGuy

Agreed on the bit about Lucifer mannerisms being overacted and Bosco's follow up, as well.....I'd like to see the character portayed with more of a dark edge.

But it is basic TV, after all and as such, it needs to fairly mass market friendly

Prreacher looks to be the distinctly darker of the 2 Vertigo shows, with similiar conepts that play on morality/religion.

Overall I am definitely a fan of FOX's Lucifer and its' ratings are fairly solid.Looks like it will be renewed.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/03/01/tv-ratings-monday-feb-29-2016/

Wow!

That was a really good episode this week. And it shows how Lucifer's decision to leave Hell has impacted a fellow angel. And it also revealed who has been pulling the strings behind the scenes to get him to return back.

:applause:

Agreed on the bit about Lucifer mannerisms being overacted and Bosco's follow up, as well.....I'd like to see the character portayed with more of a dark edge.

But it is basic TV, after all and as such, it needs to fairly mass market friendly

Prreacher looks to be the distinctly darker of the 2 Vertigo shows, with similiar conepts that play on morality/religion.

Overall I am definitely a fan of FOX's Lucifer and its' ratings are fairly solid.Looks like it will be renewed.

Since he's falling for ladycop I predict his terrifying dark side will emerge when someone hurts, tries to kill or better yet actually kills her. Medieval Lucifer

Since he's falling for ladycop I predict his terrifying dark side will emerge when someone hurts, tries to kill or better yet actually kills her. Medieval Lucifer

Nah, the other way around.

Gotta say that this show has really grown on me and I hope it gets a second season.

.....btw, I saw that Hulu just bought the rights to stream season one, not sure what that means for a second season happening though.