• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lucifer ordered for a Fox pilot
1 1

504 posts in this topic

During a call with reporters as part of today's upfront presentation, Pedowitz was asked about rumors that the network was interested in saving Fox's Lucifer, which was cancelled earlier this month. As he revealed, there are no plans for Lucifer to make the jump over to The CW, as the network is focusing on its own original programming.

“We have had no conversations about it whatsoever," Pedowitz explained. "We’re happy with what we have, and there’s been no discussion about it. We've been focused on our own development.”

For fans of Lucifer, who have been rallying around the series in the days since its cancellation, this news is probably a little disheartening. After the show was cancelled on May 11th, fans weren't shy about expressing their feelings on social media, with #SaveLucifer becoming the top trend on Twitter. Online petitions were also launched to keep the series alive in some way, with some fans considering The CW or the upcoming DC Universe streaming service to be a likely candidate.

But it sounds like a potential partnership between The CW and Lucifer wasn't meant to be -- which makes sense to an extent, considering the network's large number of renewals and new pilots.

On 5/13/2018 at 2:32 PM, skypinkblu said:

I hope so, my two favorites, this and Designated Survivor are gone...but they kept some really lame stuff (Legends Cough Cough;)

Lucifer and Designated Survivor are among my absolute favorites. Really peeved about both. (I was hoping they would take the Kirkman/Andrea Frost thing to a deeper level. Those two had some great on-screen chemistry!)

9 minutes ago, PovertyRow said:

Lucifer and Designated Survivor are among my absolute favorites. Really peeved about both. (I was hoping they would take the Kirkman/Andrea Frost thing to a deeper level. Those two had some great on-screen chemistry!)

I'm not sure I watch anything else, except the Super Hero shows, lol.

Very depressing...:(...Now I can't see whether agent what's her name and the computer guy hook up or if Lucifer finally gives up calling the Detective, "Detective"...

FOX may have cancelledLucifer, but fans will get at least two more episodes out the series before goes away for good.

Fox has announced that it will air two “bonus episodes” of Lucifer. The episodes were originally intended to be a part of the series’ fourth season. Since there are no longer plans for the show to have a fourth season, they will be aired independently.

The two bonus episodes of Lucifer will air back-to-back on Monday, May 28th at 8 pm ET on FOX, just two weeks after the show’s series finale.

The first episode is titled “Boo Normal.” The episode sees Lucifer and his team investigating the murder of a child psychiatrist while Ella is thinking about a childhood secret she’s been hiding. House alum Charlyne Yi as a special friend from Ella’s past who may actually be a ghost.

The second episode is titled “Once Upon a Time” and was directed by Lucifer cast member Kevin Alejandro. In the episode, Lucifer’s mom creates an alternate dimension where Lucifer and Chloe never met and Lucifer is granted his freedom of choice. The episode features the voice of Neil Gaiman, the co-creator of this version of Lucifer and author of American Gods, as the voice of God, who narrates this alternate universe fairy tale.

The episodes will air in the midst of a “Save Lucifer” campaign that hopes to find a new home for the series. So far, The CW has declined to come to the show’s rescue and no other networks or streaming services have volunteered.

:banana::banana:

FOX may have cancelled Lucifer after its recent third season, but the network is still going to air at least two more episodes of the beloved Vertigo Comics-inspired series before fans have to say goodbye for good. Next week, FOX will be airing two bonus episodes of Lucifer that were originally filmed to be a part of the show's fourth season. Ahead of the airing of these episodes on Monday, the network has unveiled the first photos from the extra installments.

Bonus episode photos.

lucifer-bonus-9-1111969.jpeg

lucifer-bonus-7-1111967.jpeg

lucifer-bonus-10-1111970.jpeg

When focusing in now on Lucifer and its total impressions last night, it drew (and we’re not making this up) 666,000 total interactions via Twitter and Facebook combined last night — that’s an enormous number that is almost 300,000 interactions higher than the #2 show in The Bachelorette. Given how many people often live-tweet that show, being at the top of the leaderboard here is incredibly impressive. This was a smart, savvy campaign that fans of the show ran to ensure that they captured social-media attention and we do think that it makes a difference.

As for whether or not it makes enough of a difference to get the show a new home, let’s just say that talks are still ongoing. Just imagine how much goodwill any network/provider who picks up Lucifer will have!

Lauren German, who plays Detective Chloe Decker in the series, appeared at Oz Comic-Con in Melbourne, Australia this weekend alongside costar Lesley-Ann Brandt (Mazikeen) and during the Lucifer panel told fans about how much the "#SaveLucifer" campaign means, but also let them know that there is only one more week before the show is gone for good.

"It's beautiful. I can't tell you guys how hard it is to hear that the show is ending and then she and I come out here and see all of you and then online the hashtags and the petitions being signed and the campaigns that are going," Germain said. "We don't know that stuff's gonna happen. It just pops up and it's just, you know it's heartwarming, it's amazing and I don't know if all of you know basically you know Fox has cancelled us, so we won't be happening on Fox, but there's a chance that a streaming network might pick us up and that would have to happen by June 16th. It's like we can't contractually audition for anything until June 16th and then, sadly, we are free to go after that. So, we're just praying, praying it happens."

That so-called "drop dead" date for the series is like going to make fans of Lucifer very nervous while also causing them to redouble their efforts to save the series.

On 6/9/2018 at 3:46 PM, Bosco685 said:

there's a chance that a streaming network might pick us up and that would have to happen by June 16th

616?

That is the other number of the Beast.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast   :grin:

Edited by valiantman

On 6/19/2018 at 4:44 PM, skypinkblu said:

That's great news! I guess I won't cancel Netflix:) 

Now if someone could just pick up Designated Survivor...*sigh*

Yeah, really psyched abolut Luci being picked up by Netflix. As far as Designated Survivor I'm with you all the way. It appears E One is actively shopping the series to other venues so we have a chance of seeing Kirkman and the gang return!  :wishluck:

Season 4 heads-up.

EW has revealed the first look at Inbar Lavi as the new character Eve from the 4th season of Lucifer, which will drop sometime next year on Netflix.

eve+lucifer.jpg