• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

So sad because this seemed like it had so much potential and to fall off this agressively especially after everyone pistol whipped DC over BVSS you would think they would start to figure this stuff out. Shelve it, rework it, retool it, put everyone in a room and make them watch X-Men days of future past, Iron Man, GOTG, The Avengers and The Dark Knight on loop until it started to sink in or they could spend a few more million and go steal a few brains from those movies to figure it out.

So can someone spoil (or pm me?) specifically what went down in the Flash scene?

....And Spoiled. Didn't know Flash was in it... :(

i wouldnt have said it without tags if it hadnt been reported in the news several days ago

...S'okay I was partially kidding...I hadn't heard that yet but if I really wanted to avoid all I should not have been checking in...

The Batman scenes are cool. I liked Harley and Waller, deadshot was good too. I still don't know how I feel about Joker though. Other than that there really wasn't much else to like.

The scene in the middle of the end credits was probably my favorite part of the movie.

Saw it tonight. By far the worst movie I've seen in a long while. I can't pick out any particular bad stuff because it was from start to finish. As for the good stuff?

It was kinda cool to see Batman in it.

Seriously, I can't believe a movie that bad can be made in this day and age. Not a single redeeming quality. Sooo boring, couldn't wait for it to be over. Couple easy laughs here and there, but I cringed at the silence that followed so many scenes that were meant to get a laugh.

Don't see it. Even if it's free. Unless you're a trainwreck, fatal accident gawker. You'll enjoy it.

WOW, STILL CAN'T BELIEVE HOW BAD IT SUCKED.

Encouraging... lol

Eh, not good, not bad. If you liked B v S, you'll probably like this. Theater was 50% filled and there was no applause when it was over. There's a mid credits scene which refers to the Justice League movie, but much of the audience wasn't interested in staying to watch it. What's the deal with Boomerang? What abilities does he have that would make him part of that group besides throwing a boomerang well?

Eh, not good, not bad. If you liked B v S, you'll probably like this. Theater was 50% filled and there was no applause when it was over. There's a mid credits scene which refers to the Justice League movie, but much of the audience wasn't interested in staying to watch it. What's the deal with Boomerang? What abilities does he have that would make him part of that group besides throwing a boomerang well?

Seems like you got it! :D

This could end up being an issue. Though it could be a non-issue if China is just delaying the release since August was restricted to limited foreign releases.

Suicide Squad Unlikely to be Released in China

Although early reactions to Suicide Squad were incredibly positive – and the buzz built by the film’s trailers and posters had been some of the highest of the year – Ayer’s villain team-up was met with a largely negative response from critics once the embargo lifted earlier this week. Still, Suicide Squad is tracking for a successful domestic box office opening, and is expected to break August release records. Now, though, it seems Suicide Squad’s overall box office may not be bolstered by the Chinese market.

THR is reporting Suicide Squad is unlikely to be released in China, with sources saying the film hasn’t been put on the release schedule of China Film Group, the distributor that manages the import of foreign movies; release dates on this schedule are usually planned out at least two months in advance. One Chinese executive simply said, “They think this is not a good film to release in China.”

Suicide Squad isn’t the first superhero movie of 2016 to not be released in China; earlier this year Deadpool was banned due to its R-rated content – and the film went on to still break box office records, both for 20th Century Fox’s X-Men franchise and R-rated movies. According to THR’s report, Chinese DC Comics fans hoped that Suicide Squad’s PG-13 rating and local-language title, Special Task Force X, would help the film pass through China’s media regulator.

Kevin Smith Says Suicide Squad ‘Does DC Proud’

One respected voice among the comic book fan community has offered up his own impressions of the movie and – no surprises here – his love of the characters, DC Comics history and director’s unique style made Suicide Squad a fantastic experience.

The fan in question is Kevin Smith, comic book writer/filmmaker/podcast host/superfan whose love for the characters debuting in Suicide Squad may be unrivaled (how many other reviewers can say they named their own daughter after the Joker’s girlfriend?). In light of all the negativity surrounding the film and its reception, Smith offered up his own early reactions to the film.

"I look up to @suicidesquadmovie maker #DavidAyer. His #endofwatch, shot with a mixture of media including dashboard & body cams, was the work of a true filmmaker. And I don’t know how he got me to love a tank movie, but #fury is another amazing Ayer effort. When I heard he was shepherding a cinematic #suicidesquad, my already-high interests in a @dccomics movie shot over the top: what would a gritty guy like Dave do with the likes of #Deadshot & #HarleyQuinn? Well I think he made magic and did #dccomics proud."

"The #Squad movie doesn’t look like any other comic book flick I’ve ever seen. The periodic use of both #Batman and the #joker as background characters instead of the usual leads was thrilling and felt like our first real glimpse at an interconnected #dceu. The cast is top notch but Harley, as expected, steals the show. The #jokerandharley beats are simply wonderful for a longtime fan to watch and make you immediately wanna see the all-Harley movie they already announced. Throwaway moments made me so happy (like Katana and her Soultaker sword) but this flick as a whole had me smiling the whole time. Thanks to her name, my kid @harleyquinnsmith_ was already on board for this movie – and she loved it (like LOVED it). I’ll be heading back to see it again tonight so expect a brand new #FatManOnBatman review soon. #KevinSmith"

So, at a Tomatometer of 27%, it's now tied with Batman v. Superman, but ahead of Green Lantern (at 26%).

Still on track for a record-breaking weekend, though, as it's got the largest ever number of screens for an August opening.

Keeping in mind they gave him Harley's prop bat for his daughter, so he kinda has to say nice things, right?

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/31/suicide-squad-harley-quinn-bat-kevin-smith-daughter

It would be easy to assume so. But as much as Kevin Smith is associated with DC, he came down hard on Batman v Superman from his initial viewing. So I would like to assume he will speak his mind if he doesn't care for the film.

One respected voice among the comic book fan community has offered up his own impressions of the movie and – no surprises here – his love of the characters, DC Comics history and director’s unique style made Suicide Squad a fantastic experience.

The fan in question is Kevin Smith, comic book writer/filmmaker/podcast host/superfan whose love for the characters debuting in Suicide Squad may be unrivaled (how many other reviewers can say they named their own daughter after the Joker’s girlfriend?). In light of all the negativity surrounding the film and its reception, Smith offered up his own early reactions to the film.

"I look up to @suicidesquadmovie maker #DavidAyer. His #endofwatch, shot with a mixture of media including dashboard & body cams, was the work of a true filmmaker. And I don’t know how he got me to love a tank movie, but #fury is another amazing Ayer effort. When I heard he was shepherding a cinematic #suicidesquad, my already-high interests in a @dccomics movie shot over the top: what would a gritty guy like Dave do with the likes of #Deadshot & #HarleyQuinn? Well I think he made magic and did #dccomics proud."

"The #Squad movie doesn’t look like any other comic book flick I’ve ever seen. The periodic use of both #Batman and the #joker as background characters instead of the usual leads was thrilling and felt like our first real glimpse at an interconnected #dceu. The cast is top notch but Harley, as expected, steals the show. The #jokerandharley beats are simply wonderful for a longtime fan to watch and make you immediately wanna see the all-Harley movie they already announced. Throwaway moments made me so happy (like Katana and her Soultaker sword) but this flick as a whole had me smiling the whole time. Thanks to her name, my kid @harleyquinnsmith_ was already on board for this movie – and she loved it (like LOVED it). I’ll be heading back to see it again tonight so expect a brand new #FatManOnBatman review soon. #KevinSmith"

I love looking at the bob-and-weave positive quote....

-leads off saying he loved the directors other stuff

-says this movie "doesnt look like any other comic book flick" (which isnt the same as saying it's good)

-cast being "top notch" just means they're good actors, doesnt mean they're good in the movie or the movie is good.

-he loved the easter eggs! (you and every other comic book fan who fawns over Hollywood validating the existence of 80 years of comic book history)

-and finally he defers a basic reaction "loved it" to his KID!

The guys is ebullient over just about all comic book movies. So a very positive Kevin Smith is like most people's "meh" review.

On Cap/Civil War he said it was "shoulder to shoulder with The Dark Knight" which he calls "the Godfather 2 of comic book movies"

Keeping in mind they gave him Harley's prop bat for his daughter, so he kinda has to say nice things, right?

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/31/suicide-squad-harley-quinn-bat-kevin-smith-daughter

It would be easy to assume so. But as much as Kevin Smith is associated with DC, he came down hard on Batman v Superman from his initial viewing. So I would like to assume he will speak his mind if he doesn't care for the film.

I think his criticism of BvS had more to do with him trying to position himself for a shot at directing a future DC movie (since he's been linked to numerous Batman scripts, and his buddy Ben is the current B-Man)

I think his criticism of BvS had more to do with him trying to position himself for a shot at directing a future DC movie (since he's been linked to numerous Batman scripts, and his buddy Ben is the current B-Man)

You could be right, since working for the studios can be very political to stay in their good graces. But hearing Smith's rants about various things to speak his mind, there is that other side of the coin where he wants his voice to be heard.

(shrug)

I love Kevin Smith.

- He's one of us

- As someone who broke through as an independent filmmaker with Clerks, he's living the dream

- He essentially discovered Ben Affleck

- The first 10 years of his output was great (esp. Chasing Amy & Dogma)

But...umm...the dude named his _kid_ after Harley Quinn.

I trust his judgment about her first live-action appearance about as much as I trust Harry Knowles' view of any superhero film.

Wow. Not only can Smith not make a good movie anymore, now he can't recognize one.

Wow. Not only can Smith not make a good movie anymore, now he can't recognize one.

I'll reserve judgement until I see the movie. However, in response to that quip...

lol:applause:

On Cap/Civil War he said it was "shoulder to shoulder with The Dark Knight" which he calls "the Godfather 2 of comic book movies"

Civil War was a weak movie and nowhere near the best Marvel flick, let alone TDK. lol