• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

I don't know. Thee's still room for it to be good. Pics show little - let's hope the acting and the story is there.

I thought GOTG would be great when I saw pics.

Maybe because it was untrotten territory and Marvel usually does really well with that.

DC is more hit and miss.... so I'm more worried about this. All I know is that if they try to make it a funny comics movie like the early batman movies then they have a huge challenge because they have imo never pulled that off before... GOTG is actually the only successful comedy-carried comics movie I an think of. All the other hits like the Avengers, or Dark Night were action-driven with quite a dark overtone at times.

So if they go for light humor (like the early Batmans) or Disneyish family movie like pretty much every Superman movie (imo. no really good Supes movie has been made yet...)... then I'm really worried...

DC is more hit and miss.... so I'm more worried about this. All I know is that if they try to make it a funny comics movie like the early batman movies then they have a huge challenge because they have imo never pulled that off before... GOTG is actually the only successful comedy-carried comics movie I an think of. All the other hits like the Avengers, or Dark Night were action-driven with quite a dark overtone at times.

Although I doubt very much they are going for the Joel Schumacher model in delivering a comic book movie, I would say IMO you forgot one.

Zt5CNza.png

Had campy humor mixed in with action and mystery, and achieved a level of revenue no other comic book movie has achieved yet.

I8plfLL.png

And adjusting for inflation, even outperformed GotG's revenue results.

Maybe the Joker colors are so gaudy and garish because of the decolorization process that seems to be part of the DC movies. If you've seen the MOS colored version you've seen that Supes' suit as well as the remainder of the movie is pretty bright. There's been intentional washing of the colors to present a darker, grittier and presumably more realistic appearance.

Also: these DCCU films are utilizing the same characters that will be in other movies. They can't be all campy and slapstick here and deadpan serious in other flicks. It just won't be cohesive or sensible, and we already have heard about DC's "NO HUMOR or JOKES" mantra regarding these properties vs. Marvel's openly humorous posture.

So it's quite possible there's going to be an entirely different tone and look to the finished product that's not apparent at this stage.

I certainly didn't want them to roll out an incarnation of the Joker that we've already seen a bazillion times and so far they've accomplished that.

Maybe the Joker colors are so gaudy and garish because of the decolorization process that seems to be part of the DC movies. If you've seen the MOS colored version you've seen that Supes' suit as well as the remainder of the movie is pretty bright. There's been intentional washing of the colors to present a darker, grittier and presumably more realistic appearance.

Also: these DCCU films are utilizing the same characters that will be in other movies. They can't be all campy and slapstick here and deadpan serious in other flicks. It just won't be cohesive or sensible, and we already have heard about DC's "NO HUMOR or JOKES" mantra regarding these properties vs. Marvel's openly humorous posture.

So it's quite possible there's going to be an entirely different tone and look to the finished product that's not apparent at this stage.

I certainly didn't want them to roll out an incarnation of the Joker that we've already seen a bazillion times and so far they've accomplished that.

(thumbs u

Keeps looking worse and worse. On the set with the forehead tattoo and all.

jared-leto-fights-kisses-margot-robbie-in-suicide-squad-04-c51c2.jpg

Another :facepalm: for you, Leto.

This "Joker" will be an effeminate, borderline androgynous interpretation with a touch of moody, unpredictable psychopath.

You heard it here first. (thumbs u

-J.

This "Joker" will be an effeminate, borderline androgynous interpretation with a touch of moody, unpredictable psychopath.

-J.

Now THAT is cool.

Agreed on the (thumbs u

Here's to hoping you are right!

There's a Ziggy Stardust-esque look to the whole Joker aesthetic but ultimately I don't think it's going to pan out horribly. In fact folks may be pleasantly surprised like after practically every other uproar concerning new characterizations.

There's a Ziggy Stardust-esque look to the whole Joker aesthetic but ultimately I don't think it's going to pan out horribly. In fact folks may be pleasantly surprised like after practically every other uproar concerning new characterizations.

Plus, they have to make these movies palatable for wider audiences. We (the 35-45 comic nerd crowd) may like a 6'1" 145 lb. Joker complete with a banana chin, taser joy buzzer and an acid squirting flower. Anyone younger may think a metrosexual, Italian car driving, tatted up Joker is sweet. All I am going to ask is that it not be stupid, or insulting to average intelligence viewers.

-J.

Now THAT is cool.

Agreed on the (thumbs u

lol Ironically, as I typed it I also thought it sounded kind of good.

I suppose execution will truly be everything in order to overcome (or mesh effectively with) this outlandish character design.

-J.

-J.

Now THAT is cool.

Agreed on the (thumbs u

lol Ironically, as I typed it I also thought it sounded kind of good.

I suppose execution will truly be everything in order to overcome (or mesh effectively with) this outlandish character design.

-J.

As Kimik mentioned above, it does sound very much like the Joker from Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns. Assuming it is that.

I don't know what you people expect the joker to look like on film, Everything Hollywood throws at the audience, people don't seem to like. What should he look like? Exactly like the silver age comic version? Would probably look cheesy if they did that.

I refuse to judge Comic movies any more until they come out.

Post-Production is such a big part of these films.

Plus Jared Leto is a spectacular actor. To be fair we have no idea if it will be good or bad until we can hear him, see how he moves, etc.

I'll continue to be hopeful.

I'm also anxious to hear if Margot does the "Harley Voice" :cloud9: