• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Can someone explain to me in layman's terms why they would choose to do a Suicide Squad movie?

A vehicle to intro Harley Quinn into the DC Movie Universe? (shrug)

I'm unfamiliar with the comic as well, but am a fan of David Ayers' films, so it might be interesting.

Other than Harley, the team seems to be made up of C-list characters that no one outside comics fandom will remotely recognize, but you could have said the same about GoTG.

Cara Delevingne Promises SUICIDE SQUAD Will Be "F*cking Insane"

"It’s :censored: insane", she tells the site. "I'm not the biggest fan of superhero films. There are so :censored: many. I love the Batmans but some of them I’m not that keen on. I’ve never been so excited to see a film and I’m actually in it. I wish I could tell you about it at all. The movie is going to be the best thing in the world. The camaraderie on set is insane."

I think she is :censored: excited to be part of this film.

Why does that look so much like the Batmobile? ???

:gossip: Because there is going to be a scene where Batman appears. Shhhhhh.

Looks like the Joker is sitting in it in that last pic.

"It’s :censored: insane", she tells the site. "I'm not the biggest fan of superhero films. There are so :censored: many. I love the Batmans but some of them I’m not that keen on. I’ve never been so excited to see a film and I’m actually in it. I wish I could tell you about it at all. The movie is going to be the best thing in the world. The camaraderie on set is insane."

I didn't know she was in this. She's my favorite. :luhv:

I didn't know she was in this. She's my favorite. :luhv:

Enchantress.

Cara-Delevingne-as-Enchantress.png

Why does that look so much like the Batmobile? ???

:gossip: Because there is going to be a scene where Batman appears. Shhhhhh.

Looks like the Joker is sitting in it in that last pic.

I think that is a stuntman. Affleck departed already after filming his scenes.

So there aren't actually any Suicide Squad fans? This is all about Harley Quinn? lol

I'm more interested in Suicide Squad than Harley... (shrug)

So explain to me what's appealing about the Suicide Squad because right now I have no point of reference.

So there aren't actually any Suicide Squad fans? This is all about Harley Quinn? lol

So explain to me what's appealing about the Suicide Squad because right now I have no point of reference.

Ostrander wrote an excellent run on the team in the 80's. You basically get to root for the bad guys as extreme anti-heroes.

Ostrander wrote an excellent run on the team in the 80's. You basically get to root for the bad guys as extreme anti-heroes.

OK, now that I can understand. (thumbs u

OK, now that I can understand. (thumbs u

plus it could be a way WB/DC expand the movie universe faster and giving it characters history with out going into the origin of the villains.