• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Is this movie rated R or PG-13? Something seems off about this film, especially when marketing a movie to kids that has Batman and the Joker in it with the name Suicide in the title name.

You would think after that theatre shooting in Colorado they would be more cautious.

What are you talking about? Is this movie marketed to kids? Is there anything that points to that? A tie in with Subway or McD's for toys in the kids meals?

Also, looping in the Colorado tragedy is logically tenuous and in bad taste.

0 for 2

Is this movie rated R or PG-13? Something seems off about this film, especially when marketing a movie to kids that has Batman and the Joker in it with the name Suicide in the title name.

You would think after that theatre shooting in Colorado they would be more cautious.

What are you talking about? Is this movie marketed to kids? Is there anything that points to that? A tie in with Subway or McD's for toys in the kids meals?

0 for 2

So Rated R or PG 13? And you are saying that there will be no movie tie-ins associated with this film? I find that hard to believe. Especially when a film has Batman in it.

While some of us on these boards are in our late 30's/40's and 50's watching these flicks, there is no doubt that Warner/DC wants to tap into the 13 to 25 year old market with these films. That is the repeat viewer age.

0 for 2

So Rated R or PG 13? And you are saying that there will be no movie tie-ins associated with this film? I find that hard to believe. Especially when a film has Batman in it.

While some of us on these boards are in our late 30's/40's and 50's watching these flicks, there is no doubt that Warner/DC wants to tap into the 13 to 25 year old market with these films. That is the repeat viewer age.

I have no idea. But 13 to 25 is not "kids." At least not to me, and not these days. I wasn't allowed to see R rated movies until I was 16. Most of my peers kids have seen scary R-rated (not sexy R-rated) movies by 12-13. I don't agree, but they are their kids.

Marketing a movie to kids, to me, would be the same market that Cars, Toy Story, Lego Movie etc. is marketed toward. If they do that with this movie, then shame on them.

I think the Batman suit looks great.

The suit looks great, but is Batman going to come off looking campy in this Suicide Squad movie? That`s the issue that concerns me.

I have no idea how you are getting 'campy' from any of this

Or maybe because what we've seen actually SUCKS.

You damn apologists... ;)

+1

I think this will be the movie that starts the super hero movie bubble to pop.

MARVEL productions will be fine, but future WB/DC films will be hurt.

+1

Actually, my money is on Ant-Man being the first new wave super hero movie to tank. Based on the bad trailers (especially the weak one leading into Avengers AoU), it is the first Marvel movie I am debating going to. My kids do not want to see it, and a couple of comic/sci-fi buddies with kids are planning on skipping it as well. GotG looked cool in the trailers, while Ant-Man looks blah.

Edited by kimik

+1

Actually, my money is on Ant-Man being the first new wave super hero movie to tank. Based on the bad trailers (especially the weak one leading into Avengers AoU), it is the first Marvel movie I am debating going to. My kids do not want to see it, and a couple of comic/sci-fi buddies with kids are planning on skipping it as well. GotG looked cool in the trailers, while Ant-Man looks blah.

I thought the same thing. Ant-man looked lame.

+1

Actually, my money is on Ant-Man being the first new wave super hero movie to tank.

I wouldnt bet on it. It will be a 700-800 Million movie for sure.

+1

Actually, my money is on Ant-Man being the first new wave super hero movie to tank.

I wouldnt bet on it. It will be a 700-800 Million movie for sure.

Worldwide or domestic? No way it hits that mark domestically. It looks like a dud in the trailers compared to every other Marvel Studios movie to date. I am basing this on the reaction of my kids and friends' kids - their reaction is meh to this flick which does not bode well.

Edited by kimik

Worldwide or domestic? No way it hits that mark domestically. It looks like a dud in the trailers compared to every other Marvel Studios movie to date. I am basing this on the reaction of my kids and friends' kids - their reaction is meh to this flick which does not bode well.

worldwide, i never speak about the US market as it doesnt matter, all that matters is the actual total a movie makes, versus its budget

worldwide, i never speak about the US market as it doesnt matter, all that matters is the actual total a movie makes, versus its budget

I think it will be a $400-$450 million worldwide movie at best along the lines of the first Thor flick. Ant-Man is a 3rd tier character and based on the weak trailers I think Marvel would be happy with that mark.

Personally, since I speculated on the #1 and still have a few copies left (they were selling for $6 - $8 at spring shows, variants for $10 - $25) I would love to be proven wrong so I can move the rest at $20 apiece instead. lol

+1

I really liked the trailer I saw before the viewing of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

I think Ant Man will tank. Like, $180 million domestic & maybe $450 worldwide.

That may not sound like "tanking" but for a heavily-promoted tentpole Marvel movie, it's really weak. It'd be one thing if it cost only $90 million to make, but my guess is it's more like $160 -- far too much for a C-list character.

So...still profitable, but it's inability to blow the doors off and live up to expectations will cause it to have a dampening effect on future comic book movies.