• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics 252 Club 1st Kara Zor-El
2 2

174 posts in this topic

The first Supergirl, and much harder to find:

sb5.jpg

Here's one right here. Cool book.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390945914090?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just because you found one doesn't mean they are easy to come by. There are 14 in the census with my 8.0 copy still being highest five years after getting it slabbed.

The first Supergirl, and much harder to find:

sb5.jpg

Here's one right here. Cool book.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390945914090?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just because you found one doesn't mean they are easy to come by. There are 14 in the census with my 8.0 copy still being highest five years after getting it slabbed.

I never said it was easy. Just a coincidence that I found one is all.

Is there a reason why this book has risen in price so much? I purchased an action 252 from metro a CGC graded copy for $850 back in 2011 and felt ripped off. Now I feel like the hulk with my purchase :) but I am still curious as to why?

There's a nice 4.0 on eBay that just went up.

What grade was the copy you bought?

CGC 6.5 I still have the invoice as they keep all info logged in their website.

I think it is work significantly more than what you paid for it, good investment!

Is there a reason why this book has risen in price so much? I purchased an action 252 from metro a CGC graded copy for $850 back in 2011 and felt ripped off. Now I feel like the hulk with my purchase :) but I am still curious as to why?

B/c DC keys have long lagged behind their Marvel counterparts. Not only that, there's a shorter supply available. Law of supply and demand dictates that price must increase...and that's been happening at a rapid pace over the past 18 months.

I think 252 still has legs to run and is slowly coming into its own. There's a reason I'm not selling.

B/c DC keys have long lagged behind their Marvel counterparts. Not only that, there's a shorter supply available. Law of supply and demand dictates that price must increase...and that's been happening at a rapid pace over the past 18 months.

I think 252 still has legs to run and is slowly coming into its own. There's a reason I'm not selling.

It's pretty crazy because only a few years back most of the keys were under 1k. Only a few were at 2k in mid grade. If you purchased books in 2008-2009 you were fortunate.