• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics 252 Club 1st Kara Zor-El
2 2

174 posts in this topic

I like my copy

Action252_zps3eb471f2.jpg

She is a keeper.

unless I get offered a Bazillion dollars (turned down 20K in the past)

.....I can understand that. This is not a book that everyone at the Country Club will have...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

There is a 9.2 white out there somewhere!!!!! Where is it?!?!?

How do you know that?

.... because one of your friends let the cat out of the bag.... you might as well post it now, Mr. Coy :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Well I put this copy up on Ebay and in the 15 hours it was up things got real......The fear of it selling set in and I took it down, I guess I'm not ready to sell at the price I was asking, I'm sure I won't regret keeping it

It's a very nice looking 7.0 and hasn't been pressed.... Just not sure I have the stones to crack it open.

So.... Joining the club!

17265335655_7cb3efab9c.jpg

Well I put this copy up on Ebay and in the 15 hours it was up things got real......The fear of it selling set in and I took it down, I guess I'm not ready to sell at the price I was asking, I'm sure I won't regret keeping it

It's a very nice looking 7.0 and hasn't been pressed.... Just not sure I have the stones to crack it open.

So.... Joining the club!

17265335655_7cb3efab9c.jpg

Good call on not selling it, as is.

If you can get a grade bump if it is pressed, I would send it over to Joeypost or CCS for pressing/dry cleaning :cloud9: .....and then, sell it (thumbs u

Will they crack it open as well? I would be more than a little nervous to do it myself .... Next to my house and car this is the most valuable thing I own.... Like by a lot.

Either Joey or CCS will crack the slab open for you, no worries.

Packaged with the slabbed book, I would include the following, so the book is ready to go after it has been prepped for grading.....not that Joe or CCS would not give you more than adequate protection, I like to be (over) cautious and (cough) borderline paranoid when submitting my books for grading/pressing (thumbs u

2 Silver/Gold Full Backs.

Inserted into a silver/gold size Mylite 2 with the slightly concaved side facing upwards so the spine of the book is cradled......

Fold the flap , with the 2 fullbacks inside the Mylite2, and hold it tightly onto a flat surface...press out as much air as possible....then crease the folded over flap with your thumbnail......apply 2 small pieces of Scotch gift tape to seal the flap....careful not to place either piece of tape too close to the edges (especially the spine) ....seal the M2/full backs tightly.

Then place the sealed bag/boards into a golden age/super golden age or Magazine Mylite2 with the corresponding size of 1 Fullback....crease the flap, same as before and seal , same as before.

Or use a magazine top loader with a magazine full back, instead of the secondary M2/Full back precaution.

....then again, this is all likely overkill as either Joey or CCS will take the appropriote measures to protect the book before it is graded (post slab opening/pressing)..........I am as anal retentive as can be, when storing my slab worthy books.