• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why No Titles in CGC Competive Sets posted by Lady Allysin

5 posts in this topic

It Is frustrating that you book comes back and there is not a competive set listing for It....What Gives!!!!??

I recently had one of my orders come back from CGC and was happy with the Grades ranging from 9.2 to 9.8. I started addinng them to my competive sets which was not a problem at the time. The first 3 were easy to add.

Books being added or have been added.

G.I. Joe #200 SS Jamie Tindall 9.6

Grimm Fairy Tales 2010 Holiday Ed. 2 SS Mike Debalfo 9.6

Grimm Fairy Tales #96 Cover B SS Marat Mychaels 9.2

These three I can not fine sets for:

Orgins II #1 SS Adam Kubert 9.8

Lady Death: The Rapture 1 Witchery Ed.(Coffin Comics) SS Brian Pulido 9.8

T.M.N.T #34 retailer Incentive (IDW) SS Mike Debalfo 9.4

I have sent emails to CGC, called them on this. The only one added was GFT #96 mentioned above. Can anyone help....PLEASE!!!!

See more journals by Lady Allysin

There's a lengthy pipeline of new set requests being handled by Gemma. Takes several months sometimes to create after a suggestion has been made/accepted, in my experience.

I usually register a slab even if there's no set yet. Key in the registry index no. and comments to any available slot in any of my other sets, then it comes out as "Registered" and "Not Valid for Slot". Then I go to the comic list view mode, where I select my registered book and upload pics. Once the set becomes available the previously 'homeless' slab is now tagged as valid for the set, and I simply add then.

There is a portion of the chat boards dedicated to adding sets. I had to request them to add On a Pale Horse. As new books come in new sets are created but only when requested, hence why certain sets like "Copper Firsts" are so fun to collect. Origins II might already be on that list but books like "imperial" will be a while. Be patient, Gemma does a great job adding books, but it's a time consuming never ending job...like the mail.

I thought it was handed off to someone else do to Gemma holding a different position with CGC. If the category is already created and you can't add a variant then just add the comic to the next slot and usually by the that day or next business day CGC adds the slot to the comic category.

I thought it was handed off to someone else do to Gemma holding a different position with CGC. If the category is already created and you can't add a variant then just add the comic to the next slot and usually by the that day or next business day CGC adds the slot to the comic category.

It WAS handed off to someone else, but that person was recently let go from CGC and now Gemma is having to cope with it again until they get someone else to take over.