• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the New Mutants 98 bubble burst?
1 1

1,121 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, drotto said:
4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Does anybody have an idea as to what percentage the print run for NYX 3 would be in relationship to the print run for NM 98?  hm

Just asking since I believe I might just have an uber HG copy of NYX 3 in my collection somewhere, if I remember correctly.  :wishluck:

The print run for NM 98 was very large around 300k, the reported run of NYX 3 was about 45k. 

Well, there goes my plan as I was hoping for a much lower print run than that.

With a print run of about 45K copies out there,there must be absolute thousands of raw uber HG copies still out there just waiting to be graded and slabbed.  :(

Edited by lou_fine

14 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, there goes my plan as I was hoping for a much lower print run than that.

With a print run of about 45K copies out there,there must be absolute thousands of raw uber HG copies still out there just waiting to be graded and slabbed.  :(

Why let the print run stop you, anyone spending $800 on NM98 would surely have no problem spending $1000 on NYX 3.  Both books are overpriced but the NYX is the smarter investment imo.  Far fewer copies sure, but I think over the next 5 or so years we are only going to have a female wolverine in the movies.  Replacing hugh jackman is too tough of a sell to go any other route.  Plus everyone loved laura in logan, i'd gladly watch the solo films.

10 hours ago, 90sChild said:

Why let the print run stop you, anyone spending $800 on NM98 would surely have no problem spending $1000 on NYX 3.  Both books are overpriced but the NYX is the smarter investment imo.  Far fewer copies sure, but I think over the next 5 or so years we are only going to have a female wolverine in the movies.  Replacing hugh jackman is too tough of a sell to go any other route.  Plus everyone loved laura in logan, i'd gladly watch the solo films.

Good points.  NYX 3 is undervalued right now. I know some people are saying what? Sometimes you got to go with the treads.

10 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

That's not a record. 

2 hours ago, delekkerste said:

That's not a record. 

Yes, off by a few K. Still, someone "once" said that NM 98 in CGC 9.9 grade is a sound economic investment as it will only increase in value. I wonder how that worked out.

19 minutes ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Yes, off by a few K. Still, someone "once" said that NM 98 in CGC 9.9 grade is a sound economic investment as it will only increase in value. I wonder how that worked out.

That balloon probably deflated when the 10.0 was graded.

Considering there are now 12 9.9s and 2,866 9.8s I'm surprised the prices are still up near $750 for the 9.8s.  Very strong demand with that number of copies floating around

Edited by 1Cool

30 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Anyone know if the 10.0 copy has ever been on the market?  If there are suckers nice people with much disposable income out there who will pay 5 figures for a 9.9 copy, what would the lone 10.0 fetch?  40, 50 stacks?

The 10.0 did sell, on CLink a few years back I think. Foolkiller slabbed it, but I don't recall what it brought. Over $10k though. I think $17k? Might be wrong on that. 

Edited by october