• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTF? Someone want to explain this auction?

29 posts in this topic

Looks like he was shilled up from $30 too.

I concur. But if anyone deserves punishment shill bids, it's jgreen7472. sumo.gif

"The man's a menace!"

smails.jpg

"Gambling is illegal at Bushwood, sir, and I never slice."

"Damn!"

I concur. But if anyone deserves punishment shill bids, it's jgreen7472. sumo.gif

"The man's a menace!"

smails.jpg

"Gambling is illegal at Bushwood, sir, and I never slice."

"Damn!"

"...so we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

clip02.jpg

Was it a shill bid, or did both guys hope the other wasn't going to crazy bid that lot? foreheadslap.gifGreen bid in the last seconds....get it?

"The man's a menace!"

smails.jpg

I still don't get why he deserves punishment bids.

I agree. What has he done for people to delight in punish bidding him? What makes him a menace? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Saying someone needs to be pounished bid is a very immature thing to do. If the shoe is on the other foot, I am sure that it would not be near as funny as you think. Also, why does anyone care what someone pays?

Agreed. Just because he seems to have a lot of money doesn't mean they deserve to be punished bid against.

Saying someone needs to be pounished bid is a very immature thing to do. If the shoe is on the other foot, I am sure that it would not be near as funny as you think. Also, why does anyone care what someone pays?

Agreed. Just because he seems to have a lot of money doesn't mean they deserve to be punished bid against.

Oh,

I thought we treated everyone else like a "fantasy baseball" auction where you tried to get the other guy to bust his budget early so you can grab other great players below their projected worth....leaving the early quick spender stuck with late round dogs like"Rockies Pitchers" or say.......... "Amethyst"/ devil.gif

Also, why does anyone care what someone pays?

I couldn't care less what someone pays...but you have to admit that it's pretty bizzare to pay $150 for a set of books you could find in the dollar bin and guide for $25 tops.....and bizzare stuff is always fun to look at. thumbsup2.gif

I guess I should've added a poke2.gif to my post. I was kidding!

I was just venting a little. It seems like everytime I (and others) try to bid against jgreen7472 on a nice raw book we lose because he is willing to pay CGC prices for raw comics.

Evidently, someone has noticed this too and put in a very high maximum bid and jgreen7472 fell into the trap.

Or should I say, sandtrap.

smails.jpg

I feel sorry for the guy, but he kinda brought it upon himself. tongue.gif

Remind me to never play fantasy baseball with you. insane.gifacclaim.gif

Hey, blowing smoke is part of the fun on draft day and it really is similar to buying a comic through an auction. Buy low - Sell high.

I don't know Jgreen from Adam but I understand that he throws ridiculous money at whatever he wants. Would I shill bid him on an Amethyst comic.

No Way!!! You bid. You win. You pay. and I'd never take a chance on winning some of his bidding items.

Now if he was bidding on multiple silver age Cap. Americas that I was interested in. Sure I'd try to make him or anyone else pay top dollar for as many books as possible in an effort to get the book I was after. Would that be punishment bidding or just crafty? and obviously anything I'd win, I'd buy.

Now as far as this Amethyst auction... would someone really have taken a risk of placing a snipe bid over $100 just to spite Jgreen. If they were willing to pony up the cash if they won then great...but if they screwed up and won and didn't pay then they would be 10 times lower than anything negative they were thinking about jgreen.

I agree...i've thrown some pretty crazy bids on some raw books and "paid the price" by coughing up CGC $$ for raw books, but that is part of the game....If you want something really bad......that's what the free world is all about...can't be a hater if the guy's got dough flowerred.gif