• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Apple Show - NYC - Jan 22 & 23

139 posts in this topic

Special Celebrity Guests:

Erin Moran - Joanie Cunningham of Happy Days, Joanie Loves Chachi

Donny Most - Ralph Malph of Happy Days

Joyce DeWitt - Janet of Three's Company

Priscilla Barnes - Terri of Three's Company

Kristine Sutherland - Joyce Summers (Buffy's Mom) Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Sheila MacRae - The Honeymooners, The Jackie Gleason Show

Diana Millay - Laura Collins of Dark Shadows

Debbie Rochon - Scream Queen

Jasmine Mai - Import Car Model

Colleen Marie - Playboy Playmate:Miss August 2003 cloud9.gif

Lindsey Vuolo- Playboy Playmate:Miss Nov. 2001

Many More TBA!I

Comic Book Guests:

Carmine Infantino- Godfather of the Silver Age, co-creator of Batgirl, Deadman, Poison Ivy, Black Canary Animal Man, etc. and top Batman artist of the 60s. Infantino also worked on film and TV projects including Jaws, Super Friends, Shazam, Isis, and co-wrote Superman films I & II and approved the hire of Christopher Reeve to play the title role. Infantino has won every major award including Eisner & Harvey Awards Halls of Fame. He was recently voted by comics professionals (in CBG) as the "Top Comic Book Artist" of all time --second only to Jack Kirby!

Joe Simon - 90 year old creator/co-creator of Captain America, Spider-Man, Boy Commandoes, Romance Comics, Bullseye, Newsboy Legion, Fighting American, The Fly, Boy's R Brother Power, The Geek, The Prez, SICK Magazine and more! Simon was Marvel Comics' (Timely) First Editor in Chief and with 20 year collaborator Jack Kirby, produced an unprecedented amount of material including the first issue Captain Marvel Adventures and Challengers of the Unknown. Joe Simon was the man that first hired Stan Lee to work at Marvel. THIS MAY BE JOE SIMON'S LAST CONVENTION!

Simon Bisley- Judge Dread, Lobo, Heavy Metal Mag.

Ken Kelly - (Sat) Sorcery/Heroic Fantasy Master Painter - Conan the Barbarian, Tarzan, Kiss

Kevin Eastman - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Heavy Metal Mag.

Bill Sienkiewicz - Elektra Assasin, The Shadow

Aaron Lopresti- Excaliber, Mystic

Terry Dodson - Spider-Man

Larry Lieber - Incr. Hulk and Spider-Man Dailies

David Spurlock - Leading comic art author, Space Cowboy artist/author

Billy Tucci - Shi Creator, Crusade Fine Arts

J G Jones - Wanted

Rich Buckler Sr. - Deathlok, Marvel Comics (FF4, Spider-Man, Hulk, Daredevil....ad infinitum......

Dean Haspiel - artist and co-creator of the upcoming Vertigo/DC title "The Quitter" - written by Harvey Pekar

Jim Muniz - Marvel Knights 4 (Fantastic Four), artist

Vito DelSante - Batman Adventures, X-Men unlimited writer

Dan Slott - Batman Adventures, Arkham Asylum Living Hell

Bob Wiacek - X-Men

Michael Lark - Gotham Central

Tanya del Rio - Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Mike Lilly - Nightwing, Detective Comics

Jim Calafiore - Kill Raven

Irwin Hasen - Dondi

Rudy Nebres - Savage Sword of Conan, Creepie

Louis Small Jr.

Rick Bryant - Fantasy Illustrator, Predator- Race War/ Shade the Changing Man

James Romberger - Vertigo

Mark Texeira - Vampirella

Buzz

Mike Bair - Identity Crisis, JSA, Hawkman

Ray Lago - Magic the Gatherin

Zorikh Lequidre

Mike Hawthorne - The Ballad of Sleeping Beauty

Jim Salicrup - PaperCutz Ed. in Chief, fr. Spidey Ed, Greatest Editor in the Universe! (Formerly Greatest Editor in the World)

Danny Fingeroth - Editor in Chief Write Now Magazine, successor to Jim Salicrup's Title of "Greatest Editor in the World."

t Peter Sanderson - Comic Book Historian

Mark Sparacio - Shi, DC, IDW "Shawn of the Dead"

Michael James

Danielle Corsetto - Girls with Slingshots

Scott Roberts - Pattycake, Rugrats comic strip

Jim Simon - Co-Author of "The Comic Creators", Simon Entertainment Properties

Colleen Marie- "The Night"- Colleen Stiles of Unit Zero, the Marquis Files

Tommy Castillo: Toe Tags, Detective Comics

Brett Ryans

Andrei Lukianoff

Thor the Barbarian and his Mongrel Horde

Scott Goodell- Demi the demoness, Opus Graphics

Vigilance

Many More TBA!

I'll definitely be there, and there will definitely be a lunch. Dave, myself, (possibly Gene), Burntboy, Mr. Woo and whoever else we can round up (possibly Bronzebruce). I suggest a Virgil's and reservation there as well.

Let me know who else wants to be in!

I'll definitely be there, and there will definitely be a lunch. Dave, myself, (possibly Gene), Burntboy, Mr. Woo and whoever else we can round up (possibly Bronzebruce). I suggest a Virgil's and reservation there as well.

Let me know who else wants to be in!

Virgils sounds good - never been there. Dmac is in too!!!!!!!!!!

i'll bring the Bats 156 so you can see it before it heads to Sarasota.

I've had a change of plans, and will be coming down on Saturday.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Has your ban from Virgil's been lifted? you know, since you and silverandbronze tore that lamp off the wall last time and all... stooges.gif

Maybe we can actually get a chance to talk this time unlike at Shun's in Nov... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thrilled that you're coming down Red. This will indeed be a good show for all. It looks like we're shaping up for Virgil's at 1 PM.

So far...

DAM60

Foolkiller

Redhook

Burntboy

Mr. Woogieman

DMac

Bleekerbob?

And anyone else who wants to join us...

I presume I'll be able to talk delekkersette (Gene) into coming as well, and will work on trying to get Bronzebruce to come up as well. I've even offered to chaffeur the godfather up!

Let's try and get a final list by Thursday!

Bleekerbob:

Of course you can come! You should come! Whenever we can bring new comic collectors into the CGC board society it's always fun...

I PM'd you my cell. You can give me a call the day of the show and/or just meet at Virgil's at 1 PM -- I'll post more specifics next week in this thread.

I would like to join if the group doesnt mind. I new to the Boards so I dont know all the cast of characters or what anyone looks like for that matter. Should I just show at Virgils at 1pm Saturday?

Bob, one year ago I was the newbie showing up at his first board luncheon. I was made to feel very welcome. It's very friendly, and everybody just eats, drinks and chats away. Don't be shy!

Red