• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Teen Titans
3 3

1,128 posts in this topic

So who is it compiling vast amounts of data on each individual comic book? Why isnt BB 54 listed as the 1st app versus 60? Are you saying DC has no input here whatsoever? Please enlighten me.

The content is all from contributors. You can edit/contribute to it if you want. That's how wikis work. Chances are it's 100% unaffiliated with DC Comics.

You are correct. I just wonder who took the time to monitor/compile all the information originally, Speedy? The poster you quoted, DC Wikia, does he have no relationship with DC comics whatsoever? These are the questions Id love to get answers to.

When I look up an indivual on Wiki, I get the impression it is either that individual for a PR rep who compiles and monitors the information. I don't think it's a huge stretch to assume the same may be the case here. After all, if the data were left unmonitored, and if the public were allowed to edit the info unconditionally couldn't we assume that BB 54 would be listed as a first appearance as well. As you can see for yourself, that is not the case:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Brave_and_the_Bold_Vol_1_54

So who is it compiling vast amounts of data on each individual comic book? Why isnt BB 54 listed as the 1st app versus 60? Are you saying DC has no input here whatsoever? Please enlighten me.

The content is all from contributors. You can edit/contribute to it if you want. That's how wikis work. Chances are it's 100% unaffiliated with DC Comics.

You are correct. I just wonder who took the time to monitor/compile all the information originally, Speedy? The poster you quoted, DC Wikia, does he have no relationship with DC comics whatsoever? These are the questions Id love to get answers to.

When I look up an indivual on Wiki, I get the impression it is either that individual for a PR rep who compiles and monitors the information. I don't think it's a huge stretch to assume the same may be the case here. After all, if the data were left unmonitored, and if the public were allowed to edit the info unconditionally couldn't we assume that BB 54 would be listed as a first appearance as well. As you can see for yourself, that is not the case:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Brave_and_the_Bold_Vol_1_54

I'm not familiar with this particular wiki, but most have a group of volunteer monitors/editors. They actively follow what's being contributed and make sure it's "reasonable." But the content itself just comes from regular folk. There are of course "super contributors" who really get into it and add tons of content over a long period of time, but it's still group-sourced. There's no single person who "took the time to compile all the information originally," although at first I'm sure the group who monitored it was small.

Does DC monitor their Wikia sites? The link I provided lists 60 as the first appearance if you scroll down a bit.

DC doesn't have a Wikia site. Wikia has a DC site.

Several businesses create and tend their own wikia site. I made one for the online ccg I work for, and I still admin it. Look at Marvels. I can't imagine that Marvel isn't taking a very large role in that site.

Does DC monitor their Wikia sites? The link I provided lists 60 as the first appearance if you scroll down a bit.

DC doesn't have a Wikia site. Wikia has a DC site.

Several businesses create and tend their own wikia site. I made one for the online ccg I work for, and I still admin it. Look at Marvels. I can't imagine that Marvel isn't taking a very large role in that site.

Could not have said it better myself, stud.

Hey, Lazyboy. Why don't you show the world how tech savvy you are and change it on DC Wikia to BB 54? If it's so easy and anyone can do it why not work your magic?