• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con -- June 19-21, 2015

24 posts in this topic

Just added the EXCLUSIVES page to the Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con Website-

http://www.amazinglasvegascomiccon.com/exclusives/

DC Exclusive Variants, Limited to Less than 1000

Batman #41

Harley Quinn #17

Suicide Squad #9

There are some great books like 1st appearance of Image Comic's Faster than Light by Anomaly/Brian Haberlin, and other nice books.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Jimmy S. Jay...

Just added the EXCLUSIVES page to the Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con Website-

http://www.amazinglasvegascomiccon.com/exclusives/

DC Exclusive Variants, Limited to Less than 1000

Batman #41

Harley Quinn #17

Suicide Squad #9

There are some great books like 1st appearance of Image Comic's Faster than Light by Anomaly/Brian Haberlin, and other nice books.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Jimmy S. Jay...

Hey Jimmy,

Did they already sell out? When I try to pre-oder, it says "Sorry, the requested product is not available"

Convention Report time. Really surprised I haven't seen more on this convention as it was a really amazing.... one.

So day Zero (Thursday) - Venue was well laid out and easy to check in for our exhibitor passes. Holly and Jimmy as always are amazing and went out of there way to help not only the bigger guests but to address even small issues within artist alley and other seller booths. Something about how Jimmy always places art at the forefront of the convention has always impressed me and this show was a huge example of that. Not sure I can say much about day zero as it really was nothing more than setup and arranging tables. Did get the concept for line control extremely fast and with the number of individuals that required it amazed at how prepared Staff was.

Day One - I finally got to simply enjoy a convention after having to work for so many others for a day. While I did help for witnessing throughout the beginning was able to get multiple sketches by George Perez, Jae Lee, and multiple others as well as signatures as most guests/artists showed up on Friday which was awesome. For the exception of Kevin Eastman and Rob Liefeld I believe all of the artists were ready to rock from the time the door opened and if they weren't there immediately then they were there shortly after. CGC was centrally placed with most of the big names surrounding them which meant easy access for CGCing books. There were quite a few comic sellers but didn't see much in the range of golden age or high grade silver. Might have been I just didn't look hard enough but for the most part that sweet spot was in the bronze, copper, and modern age which did capitalize on the guests that were in attendance for signature series options. Not a knock for the convention but more for the seller side. Was looking for high grade Mirage Turtle books but didn't see many in the house and what I did see was a little higher priced with little wiggle room on day one. Cosplayers were in full effect and I have to say while I was completely against a lot of it normally at shows it didn't really become an issue at all due to the one LARGE isle space between the seller block and artist side which they typically stuck to and the area outside of the initial convention hall doors were they did most of there photos. Allowed me to walk around without having to play the waiting game while they posed for photos... I actually asked for a group to pose for me and that's one hell of a first without my kids being around. Pizza party with Kevin Eastman was cool and in a good venued area. Stuck around with the bossman, his wife, and her family for a few but the Roulette table was calling... note to self, NEVER take advice from Wesley Snipes, black was not the safe bet for tonight. I think in 20 spins Double zero came up more times than ANYTHING black. So many tears were shed by individuals around the table was actually pretty funny to watch.

Day 1 Photos

Actually a pretty cool group to see.

5EFD0E36-543D-4A69-8815-548FF0EE999C_zpsxvr4zp2s.jpg

Commissions done on day one for me and other customers:

21B2954E-0FEC-4EC0-A187-11082D3F7A26_zpsa8nuwswo.jpg

One of the tightest Perez convention sketches I've seen in a while.

CCC75561-87F0-45C4-930B-B02F2551373F_zpsf4u6e37j.jpg

This according to George Perez was the first time he had done anything TMNT related.

304984F2-5AA5-499A-9A8A-B354199D6AA6_zps2ferw5a6.jpg

D8355B7E-C477-4D43-866F-F3ED32169BA3_zpsxet2qxzr.jpg

For my Daughter:

AB2078F7-D5CE-40CE-864A-94968EB932D1_zpsagwlkm51.jpg

Cable Sketch Book:

Jae Lee

5F8922D0-FFE6-48A7-B3A3-1F06005856AC_zpsrv7eqyg3.jpg

Another Perez in the books

471A5A6D-83FE-4A08-84C0-311A398A8018_zpsrk6iojms.jpg

Day Two - Down to business, gotta say there was one heck of a good size crowd. Plenty of amazing volunteers and a lot of instruction for them for line control which was much needed especially in the area we were located. Additionally were able to mark the areas easily and visibly and not many complaints that were heard from individuals as they were moving up in the line. All of the original art sketches were sold out within the first 30 minutes of the line opening and a LOT of sales done throughout the initial opening. After the first signing session reorganized the line and gotta say that really helped with the over all flow around us. Loved the kids that came through and got to meet a little 4 year old kid named Thor who got our fan favorite award book signed by Kevin. Asked him who his favorite character was and quickly said the Shredder. Then when he told us his name we knew it was fate at the table. Wish I would have gotten a photo of the little man but we just had to many things going and individuals coming through to stop for it... If you're out there Thor's dad hope it went to the right home.... Some how there is now an Odin joke here. Had to do a few private signings and had one that needed to be canceled but aside from that a really amazing day.

Day Two photos:

Boss man doing his thing.

14EC455A-5215-424D-8608-EC6719265BDB_zps3dknwpin.jpg

Happy Fan and I think the bearded guy in the back looks familiar.

2178485B-CE6A-48AB-B450-D1AD175DC84B_zpsbnhpo0op.png

Private signing books, there are a few other good ones out there that were done...looking at you Mr. Balent, Brittnay, and Kevlar, but will let you three show yours if you want.

2DDF5569-38EC-40AB-99A9-BD287BB65CC9_zpszeojug47.jpg

A few remarks:

3F2A09EB-9384-430D-83FE-621F89465561_zpsuzf60ucl.jpg

E6AFAE75-6349-4FA6-B0F6-8AEF5577E17D_zpsa5lckxt4.jpg

Original sketch by Jason Meents... I hope I spelled that right, signed and remarked by Kevin.

9DDBA298-F522-45A7-B78C-44B80199F42C_zpsrg7i4sxe.jpg

Day Three: Wow, an overwhelming surprise. Did a few sketch cover headshots the night prior and in the morning and again sold everything in minutes. At the end of the day out of everything brought to the convention only 8 prints were left, a few original covers, and a few other CGC books from Kevin's collection were left. Crowd was high volume and motivated and got to meet plenty of amazing fans coming through. I will say at end of this one I was exhausted. Did have one funny request go on throughout the show which I'll share with the photos. Again amazing volunteers and Staff made this entire show a breeze. Some of the actors on site came by to meet Kevin and it was amazing seeing some of them. I think today was a little bit of a blank due to the need to catch the redeye to get home.

Day Three Photos:

Another Meents Commission signed this time by Rob Liefeld

5AF3EFDB-C376-46BF-8C2B-3FD0416A3D82_zpsgjmx0nsv.jpg

Another Sketch in the Cable Sketch book

F9D34171-1E59-4E67-B1F3-70197D18D57B_zpsjnhalctp.jpg

Jae Lee

314C6ED4-8351-470C-ADE6-31FC6FAC0576_zpsg0y0zycw.jpg

Was actually pretty funny to see Chad Rook from The Flash come over. Always cool to see who has been touched by the Turtle in there lives.

AA4F37D9-350D-45F8-89A4-A2CBA7A53243_zps155yb0yx.jpg

As for my own story, last year during Alamo City Comic Con while working for Kevin Eastman at the end of one of the day's I had my son line up for his turn to get a signature from Kevin Eastman. He had his little turtle backpack and handed it to Kevin in what I think he believed he was simply showing off his turtle shell back pack and nothing more. A minute later Kevin hands him his backpack back and when we go to try to walk away my son stops me dead in my tracks. Next thing I know my son points to his backpack and starts giving me the booboo lip of sadness and asks "Why did he draw on my back pack?" Even trying to explain to him that he was the creator of the ninja turtles, or more like there Daddy, my son still staid fast that no he wasn't and in fact Splinter was there daddy. "But he draw on my backpack... why did he do that?" So a new back pack later and little man is back to smiling and being the fifth turtle with his little mask and jedi/wooden sword combination.

Everything is right with the world and so flash forward back to day three at Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con. Courtney, Kevin's wife, hands me something and I immediately remember the kid in the cell as the original TV series Zach or "The Fifth Turtle." The little screw up that kept doing everything wrong but some how ended up with the little turtle iPhone. The kid ran around in his turtle shell and mask and some how reminded me of that moment last year with my son. Next thing I know she simply says Happy Fathers Day and I have to say it was awesome to receive. While this will probably go into my sons room I'll still have this as my big memory for the show.

571D69F4-D4C4-4143-90E2-C3470E4E301B_zpse042jvne.jpg

Last story of the convention, so throughout the show Kevin had been trying to make his way over to Rob Liefeld's table to get something to talk to a fellow artist and gain something Deadpool related for his son and there sons best friend. Problem was they had conflicting schedules and when one would be at a panel and the other would be signing and vice versa. So, when boss asks for a favor a favor must be done. In the end the two giants in the industry ended up swapping sketch covers for there kids. Great little moment.

Turtles cover states "Deadpool Rocks" and the Uncanny Cover states "Turtle Power"

42622964-6FB0-4E07-B610-C3109E73205A_zpswleearms.jpg

Eastman Family meets Liefeld Family...I know a little blurry, took better photos on the Eastman and Liefeld phones so maybe check out there social media pages for a better shot.

8A5161F3-3639-4448-9809-3A9C58AB52CF.png_zpsrbjjmc1z.jpeg

And now the shows over one last shot before we move out and leave the booth that took care of us behind. Thanks Jimmy J for an amazing show for Team Eastman.

466601EC-A3F8-4714-A1C0-1D7BD6A21B91_zpsqfqniecu.jpg