• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legion of Superheroes collecting thread
3 3

620 posts in this topic

Quick sidestep here to show more early Legion other than in Adventure Comics. Always nice to see an Action 276 on the wall at a show. Something a bit exotic about the early 1960s issues.

Superman 149 is a true classic in its own right regardless of being the 9th Legion. A perfectly constructed tragedy with not a single panel going to waste. 

Copies of 149 often have discoloration of the white area by Superman's foot at the bottom right corner. I first read this imaginary tale in Superman Giant 193.

Action276.jpg

Superman 149.jpg

10 hours ago, steelcity said:

Quick sidestep here to show more early Legion other than in Adventure Comics. Always nice to see an Action 276 on the wall at a show. Something a bit exotic about the early 1960s issues.

Superman 149 is a true classic in its own right regardless of being the 9th Legion. A perfectly constructed tragedy with not a single panel going to waste. 

Copies of 149 often have discoloration of the white area by Superman's foot at the bottom right corner. I first read this imaginary tale in Superman Giant 193.

Action276.jpg

Superman 149.jpg

Superman 149has one of the classic awesome stories, must read stuff!

If we step into a parallel universe there are books that look as if they might or they should have a Legion element.

Adventure 260 would have been the follow up to Adventure 247 had the Kent's second super son been linked to the Legion. Of course Superboy's "brother" had visited only eighteen issues earlier and Mon-El had yet to show. 

Adventure 271 surely has a Legion bubble so are they around here somewhere?

Adventure260.jpg

adv271.jpg

IIRC that story in Adventure 271 is a classic Superboy / Luthor story that gets reprinted later. I haven't read it in awhile buts its a silver age classic. 

Regarding the 260 (beautiful copy Ian!) it cracks me up that it is considered the first SA Aquaman, therefore shooting up the price. The creative team is the same as the issue before and the issue after and it is the same character, but because his origin is in that issue (with new details of course, but every DC origin had new details...) it is the first SA Aquaman. Yes I am bitter because I still need that issue and now it is over priced :D :preach: (Notice I said over priced not expensive? lol )

Edited by Silver

I could have sworn that I had a copy of #315, but can't seem to find it.  I know I definitely don't have a #316, so here's #317, which is the Pacific Coast copy.  I made the scan ages ago and seem to have gone nuts experimenting with the settings.  There are some brilliant colors and the PC copy is absolutely pristine, but it's not quite this psychedelic.  :facepalm:

adventure 317.jpg

51 minutes ago, tth2 said:

I could have sworn that I had a copy of #315, but can't seem to find it.  I know I definitely don't have a #316, so here's #317, which is the Pacific Coast copy.  I made the scan ages ago and seem to have gone nuts experimenting with the settings.  There are some brilliant colors and the PC copy is absolutely pristine, but it's not quite this psychedelic.  :facepalm:

adventure 317.jpg

The colors on this issue, not just your copy, are extremely vivid. My raw copy is also bright.

AdventureComics317.jpg