• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legion of Superheroes collecting thread
3 3

620 posts in this topic

On 5/20/2019 at 11:28 AM, Silver said:

First new addition in awhile:

3CEE58F7-A98D-4B5E-9FC4-A37F63F7EF1F.jpeg

I love the story of Jim Streeter!  I just bought a copy of this issue as well as the Action issue which came out the same month as these were his first 2 stories!  Great book!

Edited by Bat34

On 7/2/2019 at 6:32 AM, vader2001 said:

I picked this up in a collection I bought, not great shape. 

adventure comics 247.jpg

Given what the book is going for, I'm sure you'll find somebody who wants it if you don't so they can say they have a copy.  It looks better than a lot of remaindered books I've seen.

1 hour ago, OtherEric said:

Given what the book is going for, I'm sure you'll find somebody who wants it if you don't so they can say they have a copy.  It looks better than a lot of remaindered books I've seen.

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:32 AM, vader2001 said:

I picked this up in a collection I bought, not great shape. 

adventure comics 247.jpg

I bought the collection  just for this book. 

7 hours ago, Silver said:

I finally completed my Legion of Super Heroes collection and pulled the trigger on this. I have very single LSH appearance from ADV 247 to 380 plus cameos and guest appearances:

9EB5C745-EC73-4A22-A574-4F00C620D8B8.jpeg

Congrats! Quite an accomplishment.

On 8/9/2019 at 4:31 PM, OtherEric said:

Found in the wild today.  The Legion cameo is so minor- one panel- that I've never counted not having this issue against my claim of having a complete run of the Legion.  Still, it's been one I've wanted for a long time, since it is 10c legion appearance and one of the all-time classic stories.

And for me, one of the all-time classic silver age covers.  (thumbsu

18 hours ago, Silver said:

I finally completed my Legion of Super Heroes collection and pulled the trigger on this. I have very single LSH appearance from ADV 247 to 380 plus cameos and guest appearances:

9EB5C745-EC73-4A22-A574-4F00C620D8B8.jpeg

Welcome to the club!  I actually think a full run is more common among Legion fans than most other titles, we can be a bit obsessive in a way not as many fans of other titles are.

On 11/24/2019 at 9:05 PM, Silver said:

Congratulations!  That's fantastic! (worship)

6 hours ago, OtherEric said:

I actually think a full run is more common among Legion fans than most other titles, we can be a bit obsessive in a way not as many fans of other titles are.

A complete run of all Legion appearances from Adventure 247-380 isn't that hard, relatively speaking.  But getting all of their appearances in other titles is really impressive.