• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legion of Superheroes collecting thread
3 3

620 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2020 at 5:08 AM, Ghastly542454 said:

Bought this for a nickel or a dime sometime around 1967 or 68 at a local swap meet. I’d like to upgrade it to a 5.0 someday if I could sell it and not have to put a lot a money into it.

C35F5018-72C2-4F70-9E82-E5624289F4EE.jpeg

This was mistake!

C36932E1-9CDF-4ED2-8E88-1B726F42BB00.jpeg

Edited by Ghastly542454

Hi All

Just a heads up if anyone is interested. I was at one point one of the biggest collectors of very high grade silver age LSH comics in the UK. For 30 years a large amount of raw, incredibly high grade issues have been sitting bagged and boarded in a box, until now. I've sent them all off to the USA to be cleaned/pressed, slabbed and sold (to help a very dear friend). Some of them, will quite possibly come back as being the single best on the census.

According to the census, any high grade silver age comic that featured the LSH is incredibly scarce, but offhand (to list just a few of them), and all just imo of course since they haven't been graded yet

Superboy 89 I actually have 2 of these, photos of the f/cs below. (Both photographed in their bags as I told the friend who I sent all the comics to, not to take any out of their bags)

Superboy 93 there are no known copies higher than a 9.4, imo mine is even higher

Superboy 127, imo I have a 9.4 or better

Action Comics 285, imo at least an 8.5 as is, after a c&p it might get 9.0

Action Comics 287, imo a 9.2 or better

Action Comics 290, there are no known copies higher than 9.4, imo mine is even higher

Adventure Comics 282, imo I have a 9.0

Adventure Comics 304, imo I have at least a 9.4, only 1 known copy is higher

Adventure Comics 309, imo I have at least a 9.4, only 3 known copies are higher 

Adventure Comics 332, imo I have at least a 9.4, only 1 known copy is higher

like I said, I have far too many to list, but if anyone is interested in purchasing any (though I haven't got a clue re prices) I will list each one here as it gets slabbed. Currently, both of the 89s, a 247 (around a 4.0), the Action 285 and the Adventure 304 have all been sent out for their c&p and a slab) 

IMG_2301.JPG

IMG_2302.JPG

Edited by speople

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:41 AM, Silver said:

Right before the 312 and just as hard to get, would so love a upgrade to a 9.2/4 if one ever came up, love this cover!

adv311acgc.jpg

thought you were speaking of a 304

Edited by speople

My LSH completeist run up to LSH 313 (I have more but I don't really count them past the split) is about 77% complete. I don't have an Adventure 247 yet but I do have a nice CGC 8.5 267.

Anything past Adv 300 is raw. I don't really need those in high-grade and slabs. I'm fine with structurally sound, well-presenting mid-grade copies for those.

I fill in about one a week. By the end of the year I should be getting pretty close.

Edited by Doctor Dositheus
spelling!

12 hours ago, Doctor Dositheus said:

My LSH completeist run up to LSH 313 (I have more but I don't really count them past the split) is about 77% complete. I don't have an Adventure 247 yet but I do have a nice CGC 8.5 267.

Anything past Adv 300 is raw. I don't really need those in high-grade and slabs. I'm fine with structurally sound, well-presenting mid-grade copies for those.

I fill in about one a week. By the end of the year I should be getting pretty close.

Good luck on your quest!  I'm with you... "structurally sound, well presenting mid-grade copies" is my sweet spot.  Although some of the very early issues I've taken lower grade books just to have them.  My Adv 247 is pretty beat up...

On 5/1/2020 at 6:15 PM, Jaylam said:

More dangerous than Goldfinger, it's Starfinger! Picked this gem up late last year. Starfinger turned out to be one of their own, but the reveal wasn't until the next issue.

20200501_210643.thumb.jpg.ba5b34169d060de426991d9ea71dd81b.jpg

The first comic I bought.off the spinner rack  Mine is loved to near death

Super prices realized last night on high grade Legion Adventures! A 312 went for a phenomenal $6,300 in 9.4!! Anyone collecting these knows some of these are super hard to get in high grade, last night showed it. I got beat on on some I really wanted but managed to pick up a few. Here are a couple:

FCEDAFF1-9690-4B53-B17B-8B8BB53F039B.jpeg

850AC2E2-DB02-4023-9DD0-A175110828D6.jpeg