• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legion of Superheroes collecting thread
3 3

620 posts in this topic

I posted my "personal grail" story previously in the Adventure Comics thread, but figured I'd memorialize it here in the official Legion thread.... :P

While I of course someday dream of owning a 247 and various other early Legion keys, my own most personal beloved issues came from this DC digest that came out in the early 80s:

DCBlueRibbonDigest8.jpg

This little book launched my love for this hobby when I was just a kid -- Shadow Lass introduced, the Fatal Five, Dark Circle invasion, and Karate Kid kicking their Circle , destruction of the Legion HQ.....

The Legion remains my absolute favorite group and series to this day, much more so the classic characters than all of the reboot versions. In any event, for whatever reason, it never occurred to me that I could some day own the original issues from the digest until a few years back. Once I did though, I knew I needed some of the best copies around to round out my collection of this one very personal corner of my collection. Here are the main three issues from that digest:

AdventureComics365.jpg

AdventureComics366frontcover.jpg

Adventure367front_zpsc028d2b8.jpg

Good stuff! That magic from our initial encounter(s) with those certain characters is what we all try to recapture.

(thumbs u

While the classic Legion characters will always be my favorite ones by far, I did feel compelled to put together this personal bind from the Legionnaires / Lost Legion years. At the time, these issues were fairly difficult to find, and were not in any trade format. So I said screw it, let me just make my own....

LegionLostbind.jpg

Wow! What a cover! It's astonishing what present day desktop technology makes possible.

(thumbs u

:bump:

Has anybody picked up anything new lately?

:shy: Would a nicely presenting low grade Adventure #247 count?

Why yes, that would count. If someone had such a thing. :grin:

I'll get a photo or two up when I get a chance. Seemed like a good reason to bump the thread.

:bump:

Has anybody picked up anything new lately?

:shy: Would a nicely presenting low grade Adventure #247 count?

Why yes, that would count. If someone had such a thing. :grin:

I'll get a photo or two up when I get a chance. Seemed like a good reason to bump the thread.

Adventure247.jpg

Adventure247bc.jpg

It has about a 2 inch spine split at the top and 1/2 inch split at the bottom, but both staples are secure in the cover and centerfold. I think I did ok.

Can't believe that I never posted in this thread. The legion was my favorite book as a kid. I think 335 was my first issue. I think I for each one until a few months after Supergirl took over the title. I stopped collecting then and did not start up again until close to 15 years later.

Anyway here are a few of the scans I have.

adv267.jpg

adv290.jpg

adv293.jpg

Can't believe that I never posted in this thread. The legion was my favorite book as a kid. I think 335 was my first issue. I think I for each one until a few months after Supergirl took over the title. I stopped collecting then and did not start up again until close to 15 years later.

Anyway here are a few of the scans I have.

adv267.jpg

adv290.jpg

adv293.jpg

Great books. Love pre-Adventure Comics 300 Legion Appearances. Your 267 is a sweet copy. Hard to find in that grade.

here are a few more that I already have scanned. I think i have almost all of the Silver age appearances. When i started recollecting that was the first title i actively pursued. The the collections and groupings I bought of eBay I likely have dups of 1/2 of those books.

adv300.jpg

adv301.jpg

adv302.jpg