• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legion of Superheroes collecting thread
3 3

620 posts in this topic

Would anyone happen to know who owns this? I'd like to make them an offer...

adv247_zpsdhfhiq5o.jpg

So it turns out the above 8.5 pressed into this 9.2. Does anyone know who owns this? I'd like to offer them gobs of money for it...

adv24792_zpsavttijqz.jpg

Sorry nearmint

I don't know who currently owns it but I can tell you that it was one of my dad's books "David N Toth Collection". Thanks for the info on the resub though I can update my data base to reflect the CGC # change. Good luck finding it.

:grin: (thumbs u

Andrew

Sorry nearmint

I don't know who currently owns it but I can tell you that it was one of my dad's books "David N Toth Collection". Thanks for the info on the resub though I can update my data base to reflect the CGC # change. Good luck finding it.

Andrew

Hi Andrew, the owner of your dad's book found me. He's not selling (I don't blame him), but I'm glad I was able to inform him that he owns the Toth copy. (thumbs u

Sorry nearmint

Andrew

Hi Andrew, the owner of your dad's book found me. He's not selling (I don't blame him), but I'm glad I was able to inform him that he owns the Toth copy. (thumbs u

Sorry you won't be getting it. :cry:

Did the owner know or were they interested at all to know it was one of our books? Just curious.

Andrew

Sorry nearmint

Andrew

Sorry you won't be getting it. :cry:

Did the owner know or were they interested at all to know it was one of our books? Just curious.

Andrew

No, he said he didn't know anything about the history of the book.

scanning, naming and uploading books from my consolidated collection. Until starting this project 1.5 years ago I had not seen most of these books for perhaps a decade

Since I am in the Silver Adventure section I am alternating posting in this thread as well as the Adventure thread.

Most of these books are from my Original collection that I have held and moved for 45 years

Adventure%20369_zpsqsyjdr4j.jpg

Adventure%20369%20bc_zpsanlz7oop.jpg

Adventure%20370_zpselrmmpmw.jpg

Adventure%20370%20bc_zpsimxb3oof.jpg

Adventure%20371_zpshxoadi6n.jpg

Adventure%20371%20bc_zpss4pw8mcy.jpg

Why is 276 such a monster book?

Here are a few more of my OO Adventures

Adventure%20368_zpsi27prheo.jpg

Adventure%20368%20bc_zpsaxrbcjtx.jpg

Adventure%20367_zpssd8wtfdk.jpg

Adventure%20367%20bc_zpsjbtus3t6.jpg

An early Validus appearance. Who knew he would be the child of Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl?

Adventure%20366_zpsatmkh8op.jpg

Adventure%20366%20bc_zpst9qqlni1.jpg

Regarding early '60s Supergirl covers, I think it is likely that Action #276 has always been secondary to the spectacular looking #285. The latter was a very hot book five or six years ago. I have never known #276 to be that hot though generally both issues have a good supply. Obviously in high grade supply will always be limited. When I bought nice CGC copies, which was some years ago, both books were sitting on comic book sites and not that sought after.

I think by today's standard 276 is more key than 285. For some reason the idea that Supergirl was announced to the world used to make that a key book. By today's standard though it's really just another story, however the cover is a classic. The 276 however is a true key as it contains the first appearance of several LSH characters who are still key figures in the Legion stories. I think the 276 has a cool cover, although not as iconic as the 285.

I thought that you were talking about Adventure 276. Since this is a LSH thread and most of their appearance were in Adventure...

Anyway here are a few more from MY OO portion of the collection. Very glad my dad rescued the boxes from the furnace room when the water heater flooded and I was in college . Makes up a bit for when his mother threw out his comics when he was in WWII. Since he was born in 1926 and enlisted in 1944 it is possible that he was correct and he had an Action 1

Adventure%20365_zpszzmqnhoa.jpg

Adventure%20365%20bc_zpso1fdvna6.jpg

Adventure%20364_zpsyaydrkwz.jpg

Adventure%20364%20bc_zpsnsqbdtg2.jpg

Adventure%20363_zpswsim0r4l.jpg

Adventure%20363%20bc_zpsvfavut1x.jpg