• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legion of Superheroes collecting thread
3 3

620 posts in this topic

and a few more.

I am getting quite a backlog of books to upload and then post. I scanned over 100 Silver Actions over the holiday weekend

As I have over 1000 books in a few different folders on photobucket ( free) version It I getting harder and harder to quickly locate the image I want. Is there any easy way to jump several pages, or to a specific page

Adventure%20322_zpswvwvb4qt.jpg

Adventure%20323_zpsxunafwyg.jpg

Adventure%20324_zpsz5m6dn4v.jpg

Adventure%20325_zpswq0zp9oz.jpg

Adventure%20326_zpsnseiyree.jpg

:hi:

I have been working on a run of Adventures 247 - 503 (last issue) for what seems like forever.

Currently short of this target by 13 issues.

Ten in the range 248-300 (yes,was fortunate to secure the key many years ago), two in the 301 to 400 range and one in the 401-503. (don't ask).

I am not a condition nut, but due to shipping costs I will try to combine shipping to maximise my buying power. Let's face it, $25 to ship a $10 book grates a little.

Ah well, it's all about the "thrill of the chase" - isn't it? lol

How many boardies here have 300-380 complete?

I have them, completed it in the 1990s and occasionally upgrade a book now and then.

For some reason I found 3 books difficult to get above VG at the cons and shops I went to.

Took about 10 years to complete it. Now we have the internet and it takes about 10 minutes.

Earlier in this thread I posted Legion appearances 2-20, in order, from my collection. There seemed to be something missing, though, so here I give you my latest addition, which makes my Legion collection complete. As I said in the other thread, some restoration, but I would have never owned this book otherwise so I'm okay with that.

Adventure247_zps0pyerl38.jpg

Earlier in this thread I posted Legion appearances 2-20, in order, from my collection. There seemed to be something missing, though, so here I give you my latest addition, which makes my Legion collection complete. As I said in the other thread, some restoration, but I would have never owned this book otherwise so I'm okay with that.

Gratz on finally finishing the run. For a lot of us, we have to go for the low grade just to own a copy at all:

Adv_247_zpsgs49w6hm.jpg

Gratz on finally finishing the run. For a lot of us, we have to go for the low grade just to own a copy at all:

Adv_247_zpsgs49w6hm.jpg

Thanks. Your copy would probably get a pretty low grade, but I think it looks pretty good for that grade. Mine was a purple label - and in the new slab, so it looked worse in the slab than it did out - which is pretty much the only reason I could get this one.

I've had the hardest time finding a high grade copy of this book. Saw this one in the latest Comiclink auction and was thrilled to have the winning bid:

Adventure%20347_zpsaodoclwb.jpg

Nice copy. The Adventure trio of 346, 347 and 348 are very hard to find in high grade. The issue that took me longest to find in the grade I wanted was 353 and then two nice copies showed up at once...

On 12/21/2015 at 8:25 PM, Silver said:

How many boardies here have 300-380 complete?

To answer your question I have 290-503 (529, actually) complete- including the variant art on the revival of a few years ago.  (Not that those are hard to find other than the #515, which is second only to Supergirl and the LSH #23 as Legion variants go.)

I completed my Adventure Comics 300-380 Run a long time ago, but occasionally upgrade issues when I see them. It’s getting harder because the earlier issues in nice shape don’t show up often and when they do they can fetch a high price. I have long though 311 and 312 were two of the toughest to get in high grade. They both have black covers and are really excellent books both;story and cover wise. 

I finally found a sweet 312 raw that I couldn’t pass up, here it is, resurrection of Lightning Lad:

1D90D34A-A992-4B85-A5B6-1F4711D11056.jpeg