• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's CGC submissions dropped off at NYCC have shown up on tracking yet?

181 posts in this topic

The other guys are still sorting as well. Patience my lad... patience.

:gossip: the other guys emailed me on monday that my submission was received, in the system and in que. Granted I paid for the higher end tier but still.

Same with me. Back on Monday and in safe for grading. If they can do it....why... ah forget it. :sumo:

Yeah but did the other guys take in 100 boxes of submissions?

I don't know or have facts to back it up.... But from what I saw and heard, they had 5-6 people deep on Thursday morning subbing...and it didn't let up on Thursday. I subbed 12 books and I was told they took in record submissions. So I would think yes.

If you think the other company took in 12k books during NYCC, you're smoking crack. Come on.

How would I know it was 12,000 books subbed? That info was posted after my post so I didn't say they did equal it.

I would guess the volume isn't the same only because the awareness and trust isn't close yet due to such a short time in business. What they are getting is impressive to say the least.

The question Beachbum asked me is if they took in hundreds of boxes, I still think they did but don't think it's equal to what CGC gets. Make sense?

And i'm sure if you were at the show Beachbum, you saw plenty of the other guy slabs on many dealer walls. I think acceptance is pretty good considering and since it is your business...i'd imagine you have your eyes open about how they are selling too. 2c

They didn't take in 100s of boxes either :eyeroll:

I know that you're firmly rooting for the other company to succeed, but if they managed to pull in 1/10th of the submissions CGC did at NYCC, it would be a miracle - and I very much doubt they did even that.

If you factor out any SS series books and just consider straight submissions, I would say that they did better than 1/10th of the volume. I whole heartedly concede that CGC has a stranglehold on artist alley and signatures in general. Desert Wind and NY Comics were submitting books to CGC as far as I know and not to the other guys. However, with the exception of Thursday, I was there for almost the whole weekend and I am comfortable in my claim that they received greater than 1/10th the number of books that CGC would have received that would have been placed in blue, green, or purple labels.

Why would you factor out SS? The other company was taking in signatures as well.

Because the presence of CGC concerning SS at cons dwarfs any and all competition. In fact I would venture to say, and I believe that you would back me up on this, that Signature books make up the majority of submissions at cons by the general public. As stated, it was pandemonium at the CGC booth in artist alley and rightfully so. As I have stated, I find flaws in a few things I have observed and gaping errors that I and others have witnessed. However they are and continue to be the industry standard when it comes to receiving and processing signed and sketched books. If we are talking straight submissions, I looked things over and saw that there was a sizable amount of books being turned into the other guys.

So if we are talking overall.... then hands down CGC wins in all areas of the conversation.

If you are talking about non SS books... I would say that 1/10th the volume is an understatement.

That is all I am saying.

I submitted 2 books to CGC and 5 books to the other guys.

The other guys are still sorting as well. Patience my lad... patience.

:gossip: the other guys emailed me on monday that my submission was received, in the system and in que. Granted I paid for the higher end tier but still.

Same with me. Back on Monday and in safe for grading. If they can do it....why... ah forget it. :sumo:

Yeah but did the other guys take in 100 boxes of submissions?

I don't know or have facts to back it up.... But from what I saw and heard, they had 5-6 people deep on Thursday morning subbing...and it didn't let up on Thursday. I subbed 12 books and I was told they took in record submissions. So I would think yes.

If you think the other company took in 12k books during NYCC, you're smoking crack. Come on.

How would I know it was 12,000 books subbed? That info was posted after my post so I didn't say they did equal it.

I would guess the volume isn't the same only because the awareness and trust isn't close yet due to such a short time in business. What they are getting is impressive to say the least.

The question Beachbum asked me is if they took in hundreds of boxes, I still think they did but don't think it's equal to what CGC gets. Make sense?

And i'm sure if you were at the show Beachbum, you saw plenty of the other guy slabs on many dealer walls. I think acceptance is pretty good considering and since it is your business...i'd imagine you have your eyes open about how they are selling too. 2c

I know that you're firmly rooting for the other company to succeed, but if they managed to pull in 1/10th of the submissions CGC did at NYCC, it would be a miracle - and I very much doubt they did even that.

If you factor out any SS series books and just consider straight submissions, I would say that they did better than 1/10th of the volume. I whole heartedly concede that CGC has a stranglehold on artist alley and signatures in general. Desert Wind and NY Comics were submitting books to CGC as far as I know and not to the other guys. However, with the exception of Thursday, I was there for almost the whole weekend and I am comfortable in my claim that they received greater than 1/10th the number of books that CGC would have received that would have been placed in blue, green, or purple labels.

Why would you factor out SS? The other company was taking in signatures as well.

Because the presence of CGC concerning SS at cons dwarfs any and all competition. In fact I would venture to say, and I believe that you would back me up on this, that Signature books make up the majority of submissions at cons by the general public. As stated, it was pandemonium at the CGC booth in artist alley and rightfully so. As I have stated, I find flaws in a few things I have observed and gaping errors that I and others have witnessed. However they are and continue to be the industry standard when it comes to receiving and processing signed and sketched books. If we are talking straight submissions, I looked things over and saw that there was a sizable amount of books being turned into the other guys.

So if we are talking overall.... then hands down CGC wins in all areas of the conversation.

If you are talking about non SS books... I would say that 1/10th the volume is an understatement.

That is all I am saying.

Until the other company publicly states how many books they took in no one can say what they took in, but just on observation it was nowhere close to CGC.

Edited by BeachBum

That is all I am saying.

Until the other company publicly states how many books they took in no one can say what they took in, but just on observation it was nowhere close to CGC.

Fair enough. But I want to make it clear that I never claimed to have hard facts, just on my observations by observing both booths and walking and talking and observing.

That is all I am saying.

Fair enough. But I want to make it clear that I never claimed to have hard facts, just on my observations by observing both booths and walking and talking and observing.

Same thing here , my observations from NYCC, and the many other shows I've seen the other company at. I just can't see them taking the volume in.

That is all I am saying.

Same thing here , my observations from NYCC, and the many other shows I've seen the other company at. I just can't see them taking the volume in.

1239704376_michael_tackles_toby.gif

1. I figured boxes meant they could be any number of different sizes. If it's long boxes people are referring to...ok, they didn't take in a hundred boxes. :)

2. I'm not rooting or pulling for one over the other at all. Do you see my registry? Go look. Those are all CGC comics that i've spent my hard earned money on. I am pulling for CGC to succeed as well as the other company. Two can live in this market and survive and I can like/use both companies. It's not a crime.

Back to the OP, if you want fast turnaround at a con, wait until onsite grading. Pay the premium and you get your books back that weekend. Other than that....pick your poison and wait the time it takes to get the books done.

I called CGC and they told me the NYC comic con books will be enter into their system late next week.

Two of my invoices that were dropped off last weekend are already in the system as of yesterday.

I called CGC and they told me the NYC comic con books will be enter into their system late next week.

Two of my invoices that were dropped off last weekend are already in the system as of yesterday.

Thank you for bringing this back to the topic. I may have hurt my cause by even airing my grievances here on the CGC message boards, but I've talked to customer service twice and they sound like they're having a tough time with the volume. It's not their fault that there wasn't a system in place. Management should have anticipated this and got on front of it. I told the CSR that, but they can't really do anything. So I came here and :blahblah:

Back to the OP, if you want fast turnaround at a con, wait until onsite grading. Pay the premium and you get your books back that weekend. Other than that....pick your poison and wait the time it takes to get the books done.

Ok, I agree - but it wasn't available at NYCC. I've previously had good experiences with submitting books to CGC at comic com, however none of those were Express submissions, directly anyway - one went to Matt for pressing and then to GCG Express, so that's not the same deal either. So yes, pick my poison indeed - I should have sent it in by mail a week ahead of comic con when I initially decided to have it graded, it would have probably been back in my hands graded by now. Now I have no idea when I'll see my book since someone posted that they might not finish until late next week. That really :censored:

I feel your pain man...I really do. I honestly just try to forget about books I submit to CGC. lol

For me, onsite grading is the only way to go with CGC. I'll be doing it at Megacon next year once I get another stack of books I want to sub.

Best of luck with the safe return of your comics.

12,000 submissions at NYCC.

My question is why does the tiers only matter after they unpack it and open a ticket - if you take in submissions they should be sorted by tier and opened in the order of time in and service tier. No?

Logistically, how exactly would this be accomplished ? Even if they collected the books and grouped them by tiers, all integrity would be lost upon handing them off to the shipper. Asking CGC to sort 12,000 books by tiers seems like a monumental task when they are trying to go home.

Seriously, putting Expresses into one box, Standards into another, Economy, so-on-so-forth is too difficult? :o:o:o

You're kidding right (shrug)

Then CGC shouldn't offer anything but Standard tier at the cons. Don't take my money if you don't intend to deliver CGC. Once I hand my books over, I assume they are in CGC's possession. It shouldn't take another 8 days for them to show up in their "system". Sorry, but this is a CGC lack of planning and management. The drones at CGC who are busting their arses (their words) to open and put all 12,000 orders into the tracking system are not to blame - it's CGC's business and their responsibility to create a system that honors their agreement to deliver on a given time-frame.

If I pay for 5 days turnaround, I shouldn't then need to worry how CGC accomplishes this once I hand it over to them - that's their problem.

Gods-honest truth, last time I EVER submit a book to CGC at a con :wishluck:

Awesome. Also last thread like this? :wishluck:

12,000 submissions at NYCC.

My question is why does the tiers only matter after they unpack it and open a ticket - if you take in submissions they should be sorted by tier and opened in the order of time in and service tier. No?

Logistically, how exactly would this be accomplished ? Even if they collected the books and grouped them by tiers, all integrity would be lost upon handing them off to the shipper. Asking CGC to sort 12,000 books by tiers seems like a monumental task when they are trying to go home.

Seriously, putting Expresses into one box, Standards into another, Economy, so-on-so-forth is too difficult? :o:o:o

You're kidding right (shrug)

Then CGC shouldn't offer anything but Standard tier at the cons. Don't take my money if you don't intend to deliver CGC. Once I hand my books over, I assume they are in CGC's possession. It shouldn't take another 8 days for them to show up in their "system". Sorry, but this is a CGC lack of planning and management. The drones at CGC who are busting their arses (their words) to open and put all 12,000 orders into the tracking system are not to blame - it's CGC's business and their responsibility to create a system that honors their agreement to deliver on a given time-frame.

If I pay for 5 days turnaround, I shouldn't then need to worry how CGC accomplishes this once I hand it over to them - that's their problem.

Gods-honest truth, last time I EVER submit a book to CGC at a con :wishluck:

Awesome. Also last thread like this? :wishluck:

I hope so - if CGC doesn't give me a reason to complain to them on their message boards. This is what this place is for right? No one forced you to read and respond. If you're bothered by my rant don't read it,