• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Think I just got ripped off on ebay

221 posts in this topic

compare copy to another copy-about 1/4 inch of art is missing

I dont see it, just checked some pics and a copy in hand and it looks pretty consistent with the appearance of the book..

I still would ask to cancel transaction though.. I don't need to worry myself sick while waiting for post!

compare copy to another copy-about 1/4 inch of art is missing

And its not just mis aligned because left side is in exactly same spot...

You might be right.

But

Measuring a book is the absolute least reliable way to detect a trim. As I said, this book in particular is well known for miswraps and funky cutting at the printers. In a period of comic book publishing where quality control was more idea than a reality, FF 48 stands out as a great example of bad. You can actually see the M in Marvel on this copy. If it isn't restored it's worth a few extra bucks just for that.

Look at the dude on the building in upper right on the end next to guy in green

part of building cornice is missing

compare to

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FANTASTIC-FOUR-48-Complete-Unrestored-FIRST-SILVER-SURFER-First-Galactus-/161451853796?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item259747c7e4

look on left logo-sue storm is in exact same place

ergo, part of right has been clipped off

actually it looks like an 1/8 inch trim-sue is slightly to left but more of building is missing on rt than amount of extra sue storm...

Look at the dude on the building in upper right on the end next to guy in green

part of building cornice is missing

compare to

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FANTASTIC-FOUR-48-Complete-Unrestored-FIRST-SILVER-SURFER-First-Galactus-/161451853796?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item259747c7e4

look on left logo-sue storm is in exact same place

ergo, part of right has been clipped off

Yeah. Probably at the printer!

damn you're stubborn <3

you can see some white from the BC on the front of book in question. The M is fully visible, as is the black line along the spine

The copy you picture is has no white from the BC, the black line on the spine is missing and the very edge of the M in Marvel is not visible

What you picture shows the books wrap is different. It doesn't prove anything else.

Edited by Tony S

Seller with known habit of selling undisclosed resto and name changes. Some question about rt edge.

Do you really want to roll the dice and be out grading and shipping fees?

Seller with known habit of selling undisclosed resto and name changes. Some question about rt edge.

Do you really want to roll the dice and be out grading and shipping fees?

A very appropriate question - and one that cuts to the real issue here.

It's the sort of question each person has to answer for themselves. The answer has a lot to do with your level of income, your aversion to risk, your level of expertise in detecting problems in a comic book that is in hand and even your personality type.

So each of us can really only speak for ourselves. Would I want to be out the grading and shipping fees? No, not really. That is the risk you take. That risk for me is substantially reduced once I have book in hand, but it is still there as I'm only "fairly good" at detecting resto. Would I roll the dice on this book at this price? Yes I would.

The OP is the winning bidder. Ultimately they have to decide. They probably owe you thanks for posting the "con" side effectively.

Edited by Tony S

I would suggest stop trying to argue with kav. He's not ever going to say "huh...you know, you make a good point! I've reconsidered."

:roflmao:

But I've enjoyed his posts over time - as I have yours! :foryou:

I would suggest stop trying to argue with kav. He's not ever going to say "huh...you know, you make a good point! I've reconsidered."

:roflmao:

But I've enjoyed his posts over time - as I have yours! :foryou:

You didn't just equate me and kav, did you...?

I'm offended.

I shall now compose an article for submission to Listverse.

Yeah you sure about that?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8104424#Post8104424