• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Buying Advice

12 posts in this topic

Hi all,

First time posting!

I'm relatively new to reading (and collecting) comics, probably only about 3-4 years now.

Recently I started reading the New 52 Batman series (something which surprised a lot of friend and which I thought I'd never do) and I'm absolutely loving it!

So I thought this would be a good way to start looking at starting a CGC collection. Particularly with the 1:200 Capullo sketch covers, as they tend to go for quite a bit so why not go for the slabbed ones!

* Probably a good point to mention I'm in the UK, so CGC comics tend to be a little higher and less prevalent...

So after doing some searching around I come across some listings below:

Batman CGC 0, 4, 6, 10, 11

Batman CGC SS 0, 1, 2, 3, 4

What would be a reasonable offer?

All help appreciated! Thanks!

Also, please let me know if the topic is in the wrong section, etc.

If you're gonna buy slabs why not make it worth your while and buy silver age books or bronze age keys.

There will always be a glut of high grade moderns and long term wont move much. Pretty much everyone who buys moderns keeps em immaculate. There will be exceptions and hot bubbles but they'll probly pop.

If you're gonna buy slabs why not make it worth your while and buy silver age books or bronze age keys.

There will always be a glut of high grade moderns and long term wont move much. Pretty much everyone who buys moderns keeps em immaculate. There will be exceptions and hot bubbles but they'll probably pop.

First, this reeks of what I collect is awesome and what you collect sucks. You weren't alone in these comments, but some people really like modern books. Not to mention, the Snyder/Capullo Batman run has been outstanding.

Second, as I said above, the New 52 Batman 1 has held some value:

Ask Price

Sold Listings