• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strangers in Paradise

87 posts in this topic

Despite all the feminism, it's still a male sexploitation fantasy.

Of course! It is written by a man, so natch...

:/

-slym

& drawn by him. He is lionized as the patron saint of true-to-life female cartooning, but all this really means is he populates his fantasy with a wide variety of female body types, including a lengthy mid-run sojourn in the Vegas showgirl scene, with plenty of panels in the dressing room. Casey's figure is every bit the cliched 1990's Image Comics overdeveloped female caricature he's praised for avoiding.

Have any of u read the new SIP kids book that came out?

Children's book? lol lol lol

In the massive run, there are very few panels Moore reprints in flashback sequences. Curiously, he makes sure to reprint near the end of the run an entire page from the start of the run featuring Katchoo buttsexing the senator with a bottle of champagne in a public hallway, while another drugged & drunken woman participant watches.

-slym

& drawn by him. He is lionized as the patron saint of true-to-life female cartooning, but all this really means is he populates his fantasy with a wide variety of female body types, including a lengthy mid-run sojourn in the Vegas showgirl scene, with plenty of panels in the dressing room. Casey's figure is every bit the cliched 1990's Image Comics overdeveloped female caricature he's praised for avoiding.

I think what he's more praised for doing is not making every single character completely interchangeable. The same mannequin with different colored wigs. Think Campbell and every female he's ever drawn, how it's really the same exact figure and face. Luckily he doesn't work in black and white, so you can sometimes tell the characters apart.

In the massive run, there are very few panels Moore reprints in flashback sequences. Curiously, he makes sure to reprint near the end of the run an entire page from the start of the run featuring Katchoo buttsexing the senator with a bottle of champagne in a public hallway, while another drunken women participant watches.

They make Spiderman children's books too. And I've seen his

In the massive run, there are very few panels Moore reprints in flashback sequences. Curiously, he makes sure to reprint near the end of the run an entire page from the start of the run featuring Katchoo buttsexing the senator with a bottle of champagne in a public hallway, while another drunken women participant watches.

They make Spiderman children's books too. And I've seen his

I know, they're really dumb.

-slym

I think what he's more praised for doing is not making every single character completely interchangeable. The same mannequin with different colored wigs. Think Campbell and every female he's ever drawn, how it's really the same exact figure and face. Luckily he doesn't work in black and white, so you can sometimes tell the characters apart.

He's an amazing artist. He gets better & better. Such a rare quality in illustration. His Rachel Rising work is very, very pretty.

OK y'all talked me into it... I had a disjointed run of Vol. 2, so I've filled in the gaps and now have reading copies of all of Vol. 1 & 2 and most of Vol. 3 all floppies, so I can start reading the story soon... probably after I finish the Moore run of Swamp Thing which I'm nearly done with.

Just finished the series right now...

:cry::):cloud9:

The only series that I think is comparable for me in which I couldn't wait to finish to see what happens, but felt so sad as the end was in sight YTLM.

I think Strangers in Paradise even more so. What a great series with such amazing characters.

And... Casey. :luhv:

OK y'all talked me into it... I had a disjointed run of Vol. 2, so I've filled in the gaps and now have reading copies of all of Vol. 1 & 2 and most of Vol. 3 all floppies, so I can start reading the story soon... probably after I finish the Moore run of Swamp Thing which I'm nearly done with.

That's what I'm reading now! lol lol lol