• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blumhouse's SPAWN THE MOVIE starring Jamie Foxx (2025?)
2 2

67 posts in this topic

Todd McFarlane Teases New SPAWN Animated Project With Concept Art

http://i.imgur.com/BKoISPTl.jpg

-------------------

For ALL of you that have been asking...here's a SNEAK PEEK at some NEW SPAWN ANIMATION that is in the works!!!!!! Don't tell anyone I showed you because you're the FIRST to see it!!!!!!

At every convention and in every interview I do I am asked a couple of repetitive questions: "When is the new Spawn movie coming and when are we going to see more Animation like we did on HBO years ago?" (I also get a lot of 'when are you going to draw The Amazing Spider-Man for Marvel again?'...)For those of you that don't know, the original Spawn Animation was aired on HBO for three years and won a couple of Emmy Awards. Ever since it went off the air, fans have been bugging me to bring it back. Well, for your eyes only, here are some early images of a few key characters and a rough of a city street in black and white and in color.

If you all seem interested there is LOTS and LOTS more I can show you!!!!!! I may even put up some of the voice tracks for you.

Oh...and just wait until you see SPAWN himself!

Enjoy, Todd

-------------------

http://i.imgur.com/a4tFoMYl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5pcO9jnl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BcT6NKVl.jpg

I loved the old HBO series! The movie? Not so much...

Hope they do it right!

The point that it left off at just sucked - really enjoyed it also and it was just getting really, really good. Hope it gets done this time (been rumors forever) and that it keeps up the same quality of artwork/storyline.

I want to see SPAWN himself before I comment. :taptaptap:

Seconded

The first Spawn animation was a bit dull to be honest. The acting in the movie was terrible, Mario did a good job though.

EXCLUSIVE: Todd McFarlane Is Finished with New Spawn Movie -script

"I've finished the -script, and I'm in the process of editing," McFarlane told ComicBook when asked for an update. "It's 183 pages, and [producers] usually like 120. I still think it's going to end up being about 140, because I'm putting in details for myself."

That's because McFarlane also hopes to direct the film, so he's writing the -script as "a director's -script." The trimming is still necessary so he can get it to "a spot where I can walk this into Hollywood and start hooking the actors," he said.

"I want to keep it small, keep it tight, so they'll let me direct it!" he said. His goal is to see production start in 2016. "I need to get him back up on the big screen again to make him relevant in a big way, which we will do," he said.

Maybe I missed it but would it be on hbo again or are we talking nickelodeon like cartoon ?

I do not believe the -script Todd just completed is for a cartoon at all. Rather a live action film for the big screen in which he will still need to find a studio and actors for.

Todd McFarlane Says R-Rated Spawn Movie Is Happening, Teases -script

In a live Facebook video, McFarlane gave a genuine update on the -script for the R rated film.

"Hollywood likes when you do a -script to have 120 pages as they assume one page is one minute. So that's generally when writing a -script, keep it to 120 pages. I'm at 132 pages."

After he gets it down to a size he approves of, it will go through a few rounds of edits, and one more draft. After that, it will be time to actually attach some talent.

Exclusive: Todd McFarlane Provides Major Spawn Movie Update In New Geeking Out

What's happening with the much-discussed, long-in-development movie reboot of Spawn? Geek culture icon Kevin Smith got some information out of the character's creator, Image Comics co-founder Todd McFarlane, about the project on an upcoming episode of Geeking Out, and AMC has provided ComicBook.com with an exclusive first look at that conversation.

In the clip from Geeking Out, seen above, DC All Access and CW Fan Talk presenter Tiffany Smith talks with McFarlane about the plans for a movie reboot.

"The simple answer is yes," McFarlane told Smith when she asked about the possibility of another Spawn movie, assuring her that it won't be a continuation of the 1997 film starring Michael Jai White and John Leguizamo. Rather, it will be "a dark, R-rated, scary, badass sort of -script."

He told her that "the world's going to be real, except for one thing that's going to move," and that "you're never going to see a dude in a rubber suit....This is going to be my Jaws shark," and then showed her some concept art.

Todd McFarlane Provides New Spawn Movie Update

AbafZME.png

During our recent conversation with Image Comics co-founder and comic book icon Todd McFarlane about his work on Invasion! -- the crossover that inspired this week's DC crossover event on The CW -- we took some time out to ask the writer/artist about the status of a project that's much closer to his current frame of mind: Spawn.

"It's slowly moving forward, just trying to put all the pieces together both from an artistic and a financial. The intent is trying to finance as much as possible internally and then finding partners who will help in the production of it as we move forward," McFarlane told us. "I can argue getting the money might be harder than getting everybody signed off on the story. What I can tell you is what I've told everybody else: it will be a definite R. I'm not going for the same crowd that Marvel and DC is going for; I'm going for the same crowd that horror film releases going for. People who want to take their boyfriend or girlfriend or go out with the girls and go to the movies and get spooked."

"When I started writing, even at the very beginning when they gave me a new Spider-Man book, it wasn't an accident that in my entire run on that book, the characters in it were The Lizard, Wendigo, Morbius, and Ghost Rider," McFarlane explained. "I was just putting a bunch of monsters in there because I love drawing them. Now Spawn is full of angels and demons."

They should let this guy direct it...

I *really* like this fan-made trailer. Spectacular...

Kevin Smith Helming Spawn Spin-off TV Show for BBC America

kevin-smith-spawn-sam-and-twitch-232553.

“[Smith] is attached to write, direct and executive producer a series based on the Sam And Twitch comic book series for us,” BBC America president and general manager Sarah Barnett said. “They were originally introduced in Spawn, and it’s Todd McFarlane’s comic book series about these big-city homicide detectives who face a series of super grisly crimes that are connected to the occult. It's kind of frightening and sort of gallows humor. It’s, again, procedural, but in a very modern, contemporary way. So each episode is closed ended, although there are certain character-serialized aspects to the storytelling.”

Smith, who is currently directing his second Supergirl episode of the season and has already helmed two episodes of The Flash in the last year, recently indicated that he was abandoning his long-delayed Clerks sequel and Mallrats TV series.

The filmmaker had also been attached to a TV adaptation of Buckaroo Banzai for Amazon before legal troubles arose between MGM and the creators of the original film.

I'm legit excited for this.

I'm re-reading the Bendis TBP right now.

I can see this being made and on TV before the next SPAWN movie gets off the ground.

BOSCO you may want to edit the thread title since this news actually looks quite legit and confirmed by multiple sources.

...Sam and Twitch are getting a TV show...

Edited by philsbackpack