• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One of the more gruesome panels I've seen lately
3 3

159 posts in this topic

That looks like a miscommunication between the writer and the artist. The -script for that panel probably said something like "Guy gets splitting headache from plane's propeller" and so that's what the artist drew.

OK, Austin, that's not Wings 88. I just checked my copy. Is it Wings 86?

YES! It's Wings 86!!!!

using GCD as a guide look at the last story, it's a Ghost Squadron and look at the indexer Notes!

This needs to be updated so no one is misled if they are looking for a copy with this panel in it.

(thumbs u

15364631184_8b0c7b25c5_b.jpg

It is kind of an EC story. The murderer gets it in the end but he was a pretty bad guy. Strange that Whitman drew these gruesome stories and Wertham nailed him for drawing secret pictures in the panels.

15986878885_62d881c291_b.jpg

By the time they printed my copy of Jungle 104, they must have been running low on red ink.

SAM_1714_zpsefb33321.jpg

The scan that I found only had a blurred face for Wertham. I added the red ink.

:blush:

damn brother and here I thought there was another gruesome panel I needed to get...

:insane:

By the time they printed my copy of Jungle 104, they must have been running low on red ink.

SAM_1714_zpsefb33321.jpg

damn brother and here I thought there was another gruesome panel I needed to get...

15811145379_0853bc2a37_c.jpg

Anyone else have a Jungle 104? Is it blurred or clear in the panel above?

SAM_1714_zpsefb33321.jpg

15811145379_0853bc2a37_c.jpg

Anyone else have a Jungle 104? Is it blurred or clear in the panel above?

Looks like the black ink didn't lay down properly on that part of the page when your copy was printed. The line below the panel "CAMILLA APPEARS IN JUNGLE COMICS" is dark and well-defined on mine. What about yours?