• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Set, Your Way posted by bagofleas

14 posts in this topic

Custom sets are here!

Yes, everybody. In case you were not aware, you can now create your very own custom sets, with personalized categories and set names, along with the ability to input whichever CGC books you feel belong in them however you like!!

My brother pointed this out to me last night and I've already taken advantage of it to create two sets that I will get busy researching to find books that fit in them and filling them with the books I already have that fit.

This is a very interesting new step in the registry that gives us, the collectors, the ability to organize and present our graded collection however we like, without having to constantly bug Gemma to create it for us and then sit around and wait for months before she is able to get to it.

Maybe this will free up some of her time to allow her more chances to help with grading and whatever, thereby getting turnaround times to come down a little. We'll see.

But this Custom set feature does one other very cool thing for us. Have you ever had a graded book that you could not input anywhere on the registry because there is not a set that exists for it to be displayed through? Well now you can!! I personally have one or two books that fit into this category. I can finally get them into the registry! The pic below is of one of my books that fit into this category.

Now the only thing I'm waiting to see if they do with this, is create a new registry award for Best Custom Set. Wouldn't that be neat?

16031.jpg

See more journals by bagofleas

Thanks for the heads up!

I've just been playing around with it and I have to say its an awesome feature!

I can't wait to put my custom sets together.

Hmm...Where to start?

How about a JR JR only set of Amazing Spider-Man...

Or a Stan Lee signature series set...

Or a combo of my favorite comic from every title that I own...

Or a set of comics that have, "If you only read one issue this year, this is it!" on the cover...

...the possibilities are endless!

Yeah, I've created four custom sets already.

One for all of my OAKs.

One for books that don't exist in any other registry sets.

One for books with publish dates the same as my birth month.

One for books that have gravestone and/or cemetery themes on the covers.

I still have a few other ideas that I may implement soon, but for now I will put these sets together from the books I have and maybe try to find some more to fit in them.

Cool...I just checked your sets out. Very creative!

Are you having some issues with the registry today? All my previous formatting is messed up and I'm missing a lot of entries.

Good luck man! Can't wait to see your custom sets.

I wonder if they take feedback on making their tools better? I guess I can always send some feedback and they can use it or tell me to stick it.

Ahh, but what should I custom set? Gorillas? Grey Toned Covers? I don't have a pressing need, now that the go-go check set is a thing...

I will ponder this imponderable thing - maybe all my aquatic books? every underwater themed cover I have...Hmmm.

Or all my Tarzans, Koraks, Conans, Turoks, Warlords, Red Sonjas...etc...ad naseum....all in one set...Hmmm

Oh well - for now

Happy Hunting!

and

Happy Pondering

Lee K

If I was super rich I'd do a set of bronze covers with lots of concentric circles, a lot of Aquamans...

Well, I created my John Romita Jr. only Amazing Spider-Man set and I have to say that I really respect Gemma's work in putting together these sets.

Just getting the list of comics together that JRJR had a hand in was tough enough, but then entering all the data for each comic was another painful step. I guess the more books that a set has, the more work it is (makes sense right?).

Anyway, I think I will stick to things like top 10s (or maybe even top 5s...heh).

It is damn addictive though!