• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Panther official movie thread (11/3/17)
1 1

1,416 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

So the guys that troll the Snyder DC movies on the boards are the same as people posting false racist Black Panther violence stories on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat?

All righty then.

24q2bv.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

I was talking about the stories where people were purposely pushing false narratives in order to disrupt a production. Or when Snyder's daughter died, they even celebrated that at least he was moving on so Joss Whedon could save the day - forgetting a human life had been impacted.

Former WB Employee Calls Wonder Woman a Mess, Slams Zack Snyder

BirthMoviesDeath.com had to take down its article because of the backlash it received in posting something so thoughtless in its excitement to see him move on.

But hey - you know better, right?

Edited by Bosco685

2 minutes ago, paperheart said:

MBJ's Killmonger joins the ranks of Ledger's Joker and Molina's Doc Ock.  Until the last 30 minutes, it felt like more like a Shakespearean tragedy than a superhero movie.  Coogler absolutely nailed it. 

I'm not sure if I would go that far.  Ledger's Joker is on a whole other level (hence the post-humous Oscar win).

SPOILERS IN HIDDEN COMMENT.  YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Spoiler

I would say the character became more tragic/Shakespearean in the end, than he did at any other point in the movie.  When he says his father said Wakanda was beautiful and then T'Challa takes him up to see the sunset one last time.  There's almost this final understanding between the two.  T'Challa extends the olive branch but Killmonger rejects it out of pride or stubborn belief.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I was talking about the stories where people were purposely pushing false narratives in order to disrupt a production. Or when Snyder's daughter died, they even celebrated that at least he was movie on so Joss Whedon could save the day - forgetting a human life had been impacted.

Former WB Employee Calls Wonder Woman a Mess, Slams Zack Snyder

BirthMoviesDeath.com had to take down its article because of the backlash it received in posting something so thoughtless in its excitement to see him move on.

But hey - you know better, right?

I know when someone is cuckoo for cocoa puffs, champ.

1 minute ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Huge win for Marvel.  Surprised they haven't announced a Black Panther sequel yet...

These days a movie that makes (potentially) this much money and is so well received both critically and by the fans doesn't go without a sequel.  I'm sure this won't be the last we see of Black Panthers solo adventures.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/16/marvel-studios-head-wants-black-panther-director-to-make-a-sequel?abthid=5a8704fc9826625a0c0001ed

11 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Huge win for Marvel.  Surprised they haven't announced a Black Panther sequel yet...

Feige already posted last week in interviews he wants Ryan Coogler back soon. But you were probably picking at something, and missed it.

‘Black Panther 2’: Marvel Hopes Director Ryan Coogler Will Return for the Sequel

Variety spoke to Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige while making the publicity rounds for Black Panther, and he was asked about the future of the African superhero. After all, with such huge box office tracking and a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes at the time of this writing, surely there are already sequel plans, right? Feige won’t flat out confirm that Black Panther 2 is in the works, but it sounds like he’s just playing it safe for now:

“We always say we work on one movie at a time. If you have any good ideas, put it in the movie you’re making. If you don’t, you might not be able to make another one. That said, Panther has been around for more than half a century in the comic books and there are many, many stories to tell.”

1 hour ago, kimik said:

So.....did this movie meet expectations for those of you who have seen it?

Saw it last night with my son and duaghter (11 &13), we all loved it. I was very pleasantly surprised, I figured it would be good, but it went places I didn't really foresee, and very much enjoyed it. Also it got a rousing ovation when it was over, first time in a long time that has happened! 

Spoiler

I think I probably enjoyed the M'Baku (Man-Ape character the best!)