• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Panther official movie thread (11/3/17)
1 1

1,416 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Although celebrating a network's big audience numbers is not the way to do this, the results are quite impressive.

Although I've seen Black Panther multiple times in different formats, it was cool seeing it as a ABC network premiere tribute. It was kind of like seeing it for the first time again. The tribute was touching and informative.

Whoopi Goldberg requests for Disney theme parks to build a Black Panther Wakanda experience to honor Chadwick Boseman. This statement comes days after the news of Boseman's tragic death. As most Marvel fans know, Wakanda is a hidden country in Africa that has advanced weapons and technology in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Boseman recently passed after a 4-year battle with colon cancer. The actor rose to prominence for his work in biopics such as 42 and Get on Up, but he gained worldwide recognition for his work as T'Challa in Black Panther and a handful of other films in the MCU. Black Panther, which grossed a whopping $1.3 billion, was praised for not only bringing diversity to the MCU but for tackling themes of race and celebrating Black culture. In fact, Black Panther currently ranks in the top 20 highest-grossing films of all time, which has never been achieved by a film led by a predominantly black cast. Since his death, many have found ways to honor Boseman, and Goldberg has pitched an idea to Disney.

6 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

340?cb=20160523230820

:roflmao:

Typing on a phone keyboard if fun.

:blush:

5 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

That insufferable hag can't even spell Wakanda... I'm surprised. doh!

The intent and messaging most probably landed at Disney. Which I think will be addressed as part of the Disneyland Marvel attraction.

marvel_Disneyland.thumb.jpg.a8d28c1b91aaf698ca7a8062af264b44.jpg

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao:

Typing on a phone keyboard if fun.

:blush:

The intent and messaging most probably landed at Disney. Which I think will be addressed as part of the Disneyland Marvel attraction.

hm

I look forward to her taking credit for the idea, when they probably already had something in mind. lol

An Ancestral Plane room would be a sight to see.

I hear a lot of people saying the franchise should center around Shuri but I just do not see that as an interesting movie.  She is a fine supporting character but putting that actress in the Black Panther costume and doing a whole movie would be a mistake in my mind.

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

I hear a lot of people saying the franchise should center around Shuri but I just do not see that as an interesting movie.  She is a fine supporting character but putting that actress in the Black Panther costume and doing a whole movie would be a mistake in my mind.

Can there be a proper Black Panther without the heart-shaped herb? Killmonger burned it all.

It would be another downgrade. We're already getting a downgraded Captain America (Falcon with no super serum).

I don't think they can do a Black Panther sequel without Boseman - unless they recast T'Challa. :eek:

Because of the Marvel character rights owned by Universal Studios Orlando, Disney World in Orlando can’t feature Avengers, X-Men, or Fantastic Four characters in costume (basically East of the Mississippi River). But Disney can do everything else which allows them to build a Guardians of the Galaxy (not Avengers) ride at Epcot. This loophole would allow a Wakanda Land at say Animal Kingdom that could feature T’Challa not in Panther uniform, Shuri, and all the Royal Clan. That would be amazing. 

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Been thinking about this a bit. If they focus on Wakanda as a whole (think Tales of Asgard), there are tons of excellent supporting characters that will make for good entertainment, but I do think there needs to be a powerful lead, if they are going to do multiple movies.

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Can there be a proper Black Panther without the heart-shaped herb? Killmonger burned it all.

They could take care of that fairly easily by showing them drilling into a new part of the Vibranium hoard and discovering a chamber with more HSH. 

11 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

After all that involvement of Wakanda across Civil War, Black Panther, Infinity War and Endgame I just can't see the MCU closing the books on this part of the franchise due to this horrible situation.

The tricky piece will be how the MCU eases people into the change in focus.

5 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

They could take care of that fairly easily by showing them drilling into a new part of the Vibranium hoard and discovering a chamber with more HSH. 

With the technology we've seen so far, they could also go the route of reverse-engineering the substance that enhances one's abilities based on samples of T'Challa's blood.  I'm sure there are a few ways they could get around the crop-burning scene in the first movie.

1 minute ago, Turtle said:

With the technology we've seen so far, they could also go the route of reverse-engineering the substance that enhances one's abilities based on samples of T'Challa's blood.  I'm sure there are a few ways they could get around the crop-burning scene in the first movie.

I would have thought with the tech we've seen so far that they would have guarded the 2nd most powerful substance in Wakanda with more than some old ladies and kids.

20 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

After all that involvement of Wakanda across Civil War, Black Panther, Infinity War and Endgame I just can't see the MCU closing the books on this part of the franchise due to this horrible situation.

The tricky piece will be how the MCU eases people into the change in focus.

Oh - I think they will definetly make another Black Panther movie but Shuri is not who i would pick to continue the franchise.  It will be interesting to see where they go with it during this heartbreaking situation.