• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Panther official movie thread (11/3/17)
1 1

1,416 posts in this topic

BLACK PANTHER Production Designer Says The Movie Is Definitely Inspired By BLADE RUNNER

jy09Jye.png

There’s no denying that Ridley Scott’s original Blade Runner is one of the most influential films in the history of the cinema and the movie’s visionary visuals has been inspiring next generations of filmmakers, from Denis Villeneuve, to Ryan Coogler, the director of the upcoming Black Panther. 

Hannah Beachler, who has previously worked with Coogler on Fruitville Station and Creed, and now is the production designer of Black Panther, has confirmed via twitter that the movie uses Scott's classic as a reference.

Ok, that was legit awesome:applause:.  This might be one of those situations where the movie is better than the comic books.

This will definitely test the financial success a predominately "black" cast can have on a comic movie (in the same tone as a woman lead in Wonder Woman).

10 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

Looks great! 

Wakanda had a bigger budget than city of Attilan on the Blue/dark side of the Moon from the 'Inhumans' in Hawaii tv show. Looking forward to the 2 Panthers.

Spoiler

Black Panther and the 'evil' Panther from movie trailer #2.

10 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Wakanda had a bigger budget than city of Attilan on the Blue/dark side of the Moon from the 'Inhumans' in Hawaii tv show. Looking forward to the 2 Panthers.

Hide contents

Black Panther and the 'evil' Panther from movie trailer #2.

Erik Killmonger...he is in the Golden Jaguar suit

***That's not a spoiler(thumbsu

On 10/16/2017 at 9:56 PM, Bosco685 said:

Now that was an outstanding trailer!

But I was a little confused. Where was Tony Stark?

:nyah:

That's the twist at the end when the Panther pulls of his face and Stark is revealed underneath.

Only it'll be Martha Stark.

56 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

That's the twist at the end when the Panther pulls of his face and Stark is revealed underneath.

Only it'll be Martha Stark.

I can see Marvel going for that. But only if it is connected to the last two movies.

BLACK PANTHER: Chadwick Boseman Says Shuri Occupies The Most Important Role In Wakanda Society

Black-_Panther-_Shuri-_Letitia-_Wright.j

After T'Challa, it's Shuri who is next in line for the throne of Wakanda.  However, during T'Challa's reign, she plays an equally if not more important role in Wakanda's security and prosperity according to Chadwick Boseman.  "Her role is the most important. In the comic book, T'Challa is a scientist and a king, but my sister is the whiz kid. She is the one with that gift. She's the Tony Stark of Wakanda. She's witty, she's cool, she's funny. Now, T'Challa is good in science too, but she's the whiz. That's the way the story's been told forever. T'Challa is technologically sound. He's a scientist as well, but she's the minister of technology."

In an earlier interview, Wright described Shuri as, "She's princess of Wakanda, but also she designs all of the new technology there. She has an innovative spirit and an innovative mind, and she wants to take Wakanda to a new place. Also, she has a great fashion sense, better than mine."

On 10/16/2017 at 12:46 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Ok, that was legit awesome:applause:.  This might be one of those situations where the movie is better than the comic books.

This will definitely test the financial success a predominately "black" cast can have on a comic movie (in the same tone as a woman lead in Wonder Woman).

Well, I hope they don't try to sell it as a "black" movie. The Panther always seemed to transcend color to me.